boat storage

well stravaigin will be set up for the summer shortly and I hve to go back to work, I hope to have my blog updated in the next couple of weeks. I can only say that sailing the boat for the last couple of months has been a blast. Just in from a crossing from the Bahamas and I could not believe how well she sailed, a night crossing where its always a very sensory experience. Winds were off the beam nd them they rounded up and became a bit interesting.

WE had planned for west palm beach but within 5 miles of the shore we were hit with a small craft advisory. Boy it got interesting. We ran North under headsail doing 8-9 knots, and slid into St lucie as the coast guard headed out to rescue a sail boat now I’m afraid on the rocks.

I was very pleased we made it in all parties were tired. I fixed the exhaust in Marsh harbor and thanks to all who assisted, the self steering worked well Rod, it was a delight.

One question, as the boat will now be in Florida I would like to cover it. I think shrink wrapping will make it quite mildew inside. I wonder about a canvas cover. Any advice, any patterns or does anyone know who might fabricate one. As usual thanks it was most gratifying to know that there was a team with an enormous depth of knowlege to support the crew away from home.