CREW

Hi all,
As you probably all know I was planning to sail to Bora Bora this summer. However family issues forced me to change my destination from South Pasific to Europe. I am looking for an able bodied seaman or seawoman to join me for the passage which might take at least 4 weeks.
Depending upon when we leave (from late May to early August) and input from my “crew” we can either take the northern route (Iceland, Ireland, UK) or the middle or the southern route through Bermuda and the Azores.
You can fly back to US from any one of the places we would stop on the way or stay for the whole voyage. Our destination would be either UK or Portugal where my wife will join me for the rest of the trip all the way to the eastern Black Sea coast. To a small coastal town called ?nye.
I will be responsible for the boat’s expenses and hope to share the cost of provisions.
Last summer I did sail from Ft. Lauderdale to London with three people on a 53’ catamaran and wrote a long story about the trip. It was published in Turkish sailing magazine Yelken D?nyası (Sailing World.) The voyage was very smooth and since we motored most of the trip and I did not learn much. What I am trying to say is that I am not a very experienced sailor.
I am looking for someone (he or she) with good sailing skills. Ocean passage and blue water experience definitely will be a plus. Since I am 65 years old, going with someone a little bit younger and stronger (like Bob or Erin!) would be better.
The boat (CERYAN BCC#53) is berthed at Rockhold Creek Marina (C dock-19) off route 256 across the Herrington Harbour North. If you are interested please let me know.

if you by any chance you pass st john’s newfoundland on the way, I shall insist that you have a shower and hopefully,some food, at our home. We could even entertain some laundry too Milhan. Good luck finding the crew.

if you by any chance you pass st john’s newfoundland on the way, I shall insist that you have a shower and hopefully,some food, at our home. We could even entertain some laundry too Milhan. Good luck finding the crew.

Although I’d love to join you on this trip that won’t be possible. But I thought I might mention a web site I know of that’s designed for finding crew for trips just as yu’ve mentioned. I personally have never used this site but I know that’s it’s a very popular site. ( http://www.findacrew.net/secure-server/eng/home.asp )

If course one must always use care when taking on a stranger as a crewmember but I would think with caution this might be a service you might consider using.

Best of luck finding someone and on the trip as well.

Baba
s/v Loon

Hi,

I wanted to limit the candidate pool to Sam L. Morse Forum members and BCC owners. Since our boats are special crews should be too…
I will soon send more info about the hardware installed to the boat.
Thank you for info.

Mehmet ILHAN

CERYAN #53

(Pronounced as Jerrian. Correct spelling is CEREYAN. Originally from Arabic, meaning flow, circulation, current, electricity, draft)

Milhan,
I understand. I’m not an owner, but have been hoping for the right circumstances to own for quite a while now.
I monitor the forums from time to time though. Keep me in mind if you have trouble finding crew. I’m retired.
John

----- Original Message -----
To: bccforum@samlmorse.com
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:55:35 AM
Subject: [BCC Forum Post] milhan: Re: CREW

Author: milhan
Username: milhan
Subject: Re: CREW
Forum: BCC Forum
Link: http://www.samlmorse.com/forum/read.php?5,12409,12413#msg-12413

Hi,

I wanted to limit the candidate pool to Sam L. Morse Forum members and BCC owners. Since our boats are special crews should be too…
I will soon send more info about the hardware installed to the boat.
Thank you for info.

Mehmet ILHAN

CERYAN #53

(Pronounced as Jerrian. Correct spelling is CEREYAN. Originally from Arabic, meaning flow, circulation, current, electricity, draft)

Dear John,
My message was reply to Baba. I am delighted that you are interested. Even though you are younger than I am (as Reagan would say) I will not hold it against you. You also have much much more experience which I appreciate. Since you follow our forum you must like the boats… Well you might have an opportunity to enjoy one.
I am going to write you a private note.
Meantime the boat has ACR 2884 AquaLink View PLB Personal Locator Beacon, Garmin VHF 200 connected to Garmin 740 Chart plotter. The radio has MMSI and Digital Selective Calling. I am planning to purchase an Iridium satellite phone and a wind generator (Airbreeze) is in the process of being installed. Besides the regular emergency equipment (flares, short wave radios, PFDs) extra containers for water and diesel she has a new Groco FH series head and a very nice oven. All the thru-hulls have been replaced (Groco) professionally.
I just installed my brand new jib and stay-sail (Quantum) and have almost all the halyards and sheets renewed.
Ceryan also has Autohelm tiller auto pilot and self steering Monitor windvane. I don’t have a life raft. But 8’ Trinka dingy sail rigged. She has a 2.5 hp Seagull engine too.
Partially because of Stewart’s generous invitation I would love to take the northern route.I haven’t been to St. John but love Nova Scotia. Just like Maine but more scenic and colder. I have utmost respect for people who sail the Bay of Fundy. I have seen 30’ tides with my own eyes. Actually that was the raison voyage! Several Decembers ago we were in Iceland and were amused by 4 hour daylights.
And last but not least I don’t smoke but enjoy good whiskey. Good anything. I just got my dentist prescribe me very strong pain killers and antibiotic for yhe voyage.
Advice and suggestions for the trip are welcome…
Attached is an extremely rare night picture of CERYAN…
Mehmet

Ps. For my correspondence I use two laptops. Ones runs Windows the other one Windows in Turkish. They have different keyboards and different Word programs. The spell checker features are not compatible. One does only English, the other one only in Turkish. This is the main reason for spelling mistakes which I really try not to have. My apoligies… Or was it apologies?

Lovely picture!

Gary
Dioscouri (#064)

Thank you Gary. As I said it was “extremely” rare :slight_smile:

Ps. If it doesn’t show up in the messagwe the last two characters are funny face symbol!

Mehmet

Hi
When John mentioned that he rowed the Atlantic Ocean I thought he was joking. Well he wasn’t. There is even a movie about it.
www.rowhardnoexcuses.com
Also if we want half hull models of BCC he can do it…
http://usrowboy.com/offer.shtml

Mehmet