diameter of wet exhaust pipe

Thanks to one and all for your responses. I now have a new 2" thru-hull, new ball valve, new Vetus waterlift muffler, new 2" Vetus Flex Hose (I hope this flexible hose will prevent any prop shaft coupling alignment issues since its not nearly as stiff as the Shields hose I removed) and new mixing elbow. All of the hoses on the engine were also replaced using AWAB clamps to secure them. Next I intend to replace the water injection hoses with 5/8" Trident Tru-Flex Wet Exhaust hose. Its slow but steady progress getting the mechanical work accomplished; however, one day soon I shall have the wind in my sails once again…

Stewart,
Here’s a pic of the improved waterlift muffler shelf above the prop shaft.
Dan

Dan thanks for taking the time to send that. My port aft locker Is connected to the engine compartment and separated by a ply panel. Alas the great access afforded to the engine by this is now blocked by the muffler, it hs to find a New home another wee job to be done. Oh and I appreciate the kind comments on the woodwork, I gotta get on with writing up my blog can’t seem to find the time.

We had an excellent sail from Bimini to lake worth florid at the end of my sortie this year. We reached ten knots some gulf stream of course, and had the wind on aft quarter, what a sail eighty naut miles in eleven hours, the boat was humming. It tracked as if it was on rails and as it was a night sail we felt like we were flying. What truly amazes me is how quiet the boat is when sailing there is just no fuss, no slapping waves drenching us. On the way over we were royally pooped, it sounded like an express train coming, six feet of white stuff, the white faced monster came over d top, it disappeared out of the cockpit almost instantly.

The boat shook herself like a wet dog and we just went on unabated. My comfort with the boat has just gone from strength to strength.