Montgomery Dink

Bob:

Both dinks look great and I love the names GO and GONE.  The regular dink (standard bow) is beautiful and in my opinion, in the same catagory as the Fatty Knees.  The 7' 11" length is a bit of a problem for us, if the dink is stowed on the cabin top.  On the BCC, the distance from the the mast to the aft edge of the sea hood (turtle) is 7'8".  I know your dink will fit on the foredeck but this is not an option for us because we work the halyards at the mast from the foredeck.  Lenora does not favor prams but at this point in our research, I am open to all options except for a nesting dink.

I suspect there is no "holy grail" when it comes to dinks and stowing them on a small boat.  We have considered the following dinks: Fatty Knees, Montgomery pram, Portland Pudge, Cherub and a Canadian built dink, as well as designing and building our own dink.  Designing and building a dink is the very last option.  At present we are researching the Portland Pudge because it is designed as a lifeboat.  This is a good option for us because we do not plan to carry a liferaft aboard IDUNA. David Hulbert, who designed the Pudgy, sent us detailed dimension of the Pudgy's "footprint" when it is stowed upsidedown.  I plan to template the "footprint" and determine if we can fit the lifeboat on the cabin top.  The drawing is the exclusive property of Portland Pudgy, hence can not be shared.

We have not ruled out any dinks at this point in our research.

Fair Winds for the New Year,

Rod
S/V IDUNA

![](upload://xspAPEnjaGTMynnpZt5IwvyRs90.gif)

![](upload://xspAPEnjaGTMynnpZt5IwvyRs90.gif)