New owner

Hi Everyone!
I just purchased a BCC, hull # 51 which will need tons and tons of work. I cant wait to start and get your input. Its an owner finished model but I think the prior owner must have purchased most of the interior woodwork from BCC because it looks like a factory boat. I’m in Naples FL and when I’m done Coconut will go to the Bahamans and Maine. I’ll post picture as soon as I figure out how.

Rob Harring

Rob,
Welcome to the fleet.

Wayne
BCC Odyssey

Welcome Rob, I’ll be interested to see a picture and glad to share any info that might be helpful.
Scott (and Dorothy)
(Who are currently enjoying Penobscot Bay in Itchen and planning to head back towards the Potomac R. around the end of the month.)

Oh man Penebscot bay is awesome! I miss that area,it s way, way too nice in the summer and fall up there. Have a good cruise and stop at Christmas cove on the way back. They’ve a great pub at the dock with burgee’s from all around the world. I spent many a summer cruise night there.

Rob,
Congrats on selecting the finest 28’ship one can own. Posting some pics would be great. Always interested to see BCC with the many small diferences each owner adds to their boat.
Best to you
Mark
SV “Lightfoot” # 93

Thanks Mark,
I’ve owned a Flicka, Orion and Dana, all PSC’s but I’ve always lusted after a BCC!Now I’ve got one. When I get Coconut moved to Naples and set up I’ll post pictures of what I’m faced with and how the projects turn out. My 1st (and biggest) project is going to be replacing a lot of the mahogany bulwarks and sanding and refinishing the parts that are still good. The prior owner let the mahogany go and it has rotted. I’ve been in touch with Cape George Cutters and they are more than happy to supply me with whatever I need to restore the boat.So pictures will follow in about 3 weeks or so. Thanks for the support already!

Rob
SV “Coconut” # 51

Hi Rob

I am a brand new owner, Hull 126 the last one from SamL Morse yard, I am on the steep learning curve and would appreciate all the help I can get! Looking at somewhere to install an engine for me. The hull is in Maine I believe that there is a pan that makes engine install more straightforward. Alas didn’t come with the boat. I am talking CGY about it. Does anyone know of good yards who could get this project moving for me.

Hi Rob

I am a brand new owner, Hull 126 the last one from SamL Morse yard, I am on the steep learning curve and would appreciate all the help I can get! Looking at somewhere to install an engine for me. The hull is in Maine I believe that there is a pan that makes engine install more straightforward. Alas didn’t come with the boat. I am talking CGY about it. Does anyone know of good yards who could get this project moving for me.