Repower with 2GM?

We run 15-40 weight Shell Rotella T in our Sabb engine. I don’t believe it matters which oil you use, as long as it meets the SAE wt. recommended for the engine and the oil is a reputable brand.

Rotella T is a synthetic oil that cleans the engine. Wal Mart stock Rotella T.

Mehmet, We use a 10w-30 diesel oil for crankcase and transmission. I like keeping a single type, low cost, widely available, lube oil. I’ve had our engine and trans apart 5 years ago and found them both in good shape after approx 5000 hours.

Whisper and Induna
Thank you very much… It makes life so simple… Even though CERYAN was bought 6 months ago I just started working on it. But I must say working on the engine, particularly on the starboard side is pain. It is so tight… Are all of them like that or is it because of the size of Yanmar 3GM30F?
For better or worse I feel like I married the first girl I fell in love with.

CERYAN

I have to repower also. I am looking at the Beta 25. I compared them to the 2gm. They are a little narrower, a little shorter and a couple of inches longer. AND you get quit a bit more horsepower. 3 cylinder and a heavy flywheel for smoother running.

Looks easy to service. Also they say you can purchase parts from any kubuto tractor dealer, which there are many. Also the cost of parts are tractor prices, not marine prices.

If we were to repower I would consider the Beta (Kobota) engine. I like heavy flywheels on marine engines.