Sail on BCC

Have an aquaintance who is interested in buying a BCC and would like to possibly go for a sail if one is available anywhere from Maine to New York… I would offer but I keep mine in VA. I would appreciate hearing from anyone out there if this is a posibility.
Best
Mark
SV “Lightfoot”

Of course Elizabeth is more than happy to oblige, but she says to tell you she won’t be ready till July (she hopes).

Hello Ben,

I will have the guy contact you if he can work it out. I think he might be willing to go all the way to VA to sail on mine but it is in too many pieces and I dont think it will be ready till August.
Best
Mark SV “Lightfoot”

Hi Mark,
If something closer to him than Belfast, Mane isn’t available, Itchen
should be in the water in a week or so (yard willing . . .!), and I’d
be glad to take him out for a trial.
Scott

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

But, Mark- Calypso is in the water and ready to go! So if the guy wants a
sail on an older boat in Virginia, let us know.

Nica

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-bccforum@coledata.com [mailto:owner-bccforum@coledata.com] On
Behalf Of BCC Forums
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:02 PM
To: bccforum@samlmorse.com
Subject: [BCC Forum Post] Mark Giegel: Re: Sail on BCC

Author: Mark Giegel
Username: Mark Giegel
Subject: Re: Sail on BCC
Forum: BCC Forum
Link: http://www.samlmorse.com/forum/read.php?5,6582,6584#msg-6584

Hello Ben,

I will have the guy contact you if he can work it out. I think he might be
willing to go all the way to VA to sail on mine but it is in too many pieces
and I dont think it will be ready till August.
Best
Mark SV “Lightfoot”

Mark,
Pieces ??? What are you working on?

Bob & Lois

BCC Jolie Brise

Hello Scott,
I appreciate the offer and will have the guy contact you directly if that’s ok with you. I no longer have your ph number so if you can send via private e-mail that would be good. So your ship will be going in soon. I am lucky if I get it together by August. I was not so focused and have about ten projects started on the boat and of course none close to complete.
Best to you
Mark

Hello Bob and Lois,

A few things that I am working on…replacing cranse iron on bowsprit with a tapered bronze one (PT Foundry) Refinishing the rudder cheeks, installing a new holding tank (old one was the 5 gallon factory unit) , intalling ball type seacocks for the head and galley areas, building new navigation panel,continuing on the refinishing of interior teak ( using Epiphanes Rapidclear), rebuilding the primary Barient winches (new pawls and gear extension),fitting new tiller(old tiller beyond refinishing) and other misc stuff. Good thing that I like doing this stuff. I think if everything ever gets done I’ll have to break something to stay busy.
Best to you
Mark SV “Lightfoot”

Hello Nica,
Thank you for the offer. I’ll relay it . In the water already? Nice.
Are you going to do the Hospice race again this year?
Bes to you
Mark
SV “Lightfoot”

Mark,
Took your advice and used Rapidclear on Jolie Brise when we refinished our interior two years ago. Good stuff. Know what you mean about the love of boatwork. I doubt there will ever be any downtime on these boats. I won’t have to break anything to keep busy there are always improvements. Wait till you see our propane lockers or should I say kegs. Hope the weather breaks for your varnishing projects.

Bob & Lois

BCC Jolie Brise