Hi  I am responding to your email regarding the BCC for charter. The boat is located on Marthas Vineyard Massachusetts. The cost per week is around $2000. Negotiable if longer than a week or for the right person. Please let me know you got this email. Thanks.
Yep, it showed up, but perhaps should resend it with the original included (or at least the BCC name) as I for one am not sure which boat you refer to. Quite a few for charter have sailed thru the BCC pages lately
Jeff Gilbert
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 11:17 AM
Subject: [bcc]

Hi  I am responding to your email regarding the BCC for charter. The boat is located on Marthas Vineyard Massachusetts. The cost per week is around $2000. Negotiable if longer than a week or for the right person. Please let me know you got this email. Thanks.

THanks, for your email,
We will let you know!
Sophia Serghi

If anyone knows what the PHRF is for the BCC 28, I would be interested to know.  There seems to be some argument over the results of a club race recently and the BCC won on corrected time with a rating of 229
Mark
i just looked at the phrf book to rate my boat for an upcoming regatta.  it seems there are 3 boats rated, all different depending upon where they are.  the number for the chesapeake is 234, which i think includes a 3 blade fixed prop.  i do not know if that also includes the roller furler (or a dirty bottom).  the book says it assumes a 150% genny and a full length spinnaker pole.  my lapper is maybe 105% if i winch it in tight, but i do not know what exactly was on the rated boat.
john churchill
BUCEPHALUS  #65

Mark Giegel wrote:

If anyone knows what the PHRF is for the BCC 28, I would be interested to know.  There seems to be some argument over the results of a club race recently and the BCC won on corrected time with a rating of 229Mark
I have both the half hull models of the BCC.  The one available through Lyle Hess's daughter is by far the superior of the two. It is faithful to the actual lofting lines in every detail.  The other half hull model resembles the BCC and is somewhat smaller in size and price.  For the little extra money, I would recomend the Hess model.  When you put the two next top each other there is no contest.

Mark
BCC #73
Itchen

The BCC Group.

I really do not feel comfortable discussing prices and sales information on
this site. This is a site for BCC owners and interested persons to share
information both good and bad about our boats or even us. However,
sometimes, I feel the necessity to defend a comment that is in error. Only
then will I get involved. If you want sales information about the Cherub or
any of our boats I prefer you go to the company website and/or contact me
personally.

Thanks

Sumio Oya

Ooops!  This stubborn Swede who was certain he did not have a virus was wrong. 
Michael Dugas emailed me that he downloaded, printed and deleted my attachment last January. Thanks for getting back to me Michael.
Then Thom Dyson emailed me that he thought I had a virus and gave me a site to check.  Sure enough it explained that this virus takes an old file and will send it to a random person in my address book.  Apparently, since Sumio Oya at the SLM company and I are temporarily using the same name, password, security numbers etc. the virus could come from either of us.  It looks like it used my file but was sent to recipients in his address book.
It appears anti-virus system with the group caught it and cleaned it before it was passed on.  However, If you did get my attachment and you did open it, please take a moment to search your files for this virus.  If you have it, it can be embarrassing.  I just got an email form Sheridan Press that they got an attachment from me with all my security numbers, bank accounts etc.  They said they deleted it....If any of you got the same one please delete it as well.  Thanks.
I really feel bad that I could have done this.  I did not know it and I feel badly that I was so certain I didn't have the virus.   I had Norton 2000 and did a live up date every two weeks.....now I know it is too long between updates.  Then I searched my files and nothing was found.  I was certain I was clean.  Thus my recent emails to the group.  I bought and installed Norton 2002 and bang...it found it and eliminated it.  Please check your files.
Now, I will return to my cave with my tail between my legs and quietly remain there...  Sincerely sorry.
Roger Olson
The PHRF rating for a BCC with working sails, 2 blade prop, no dodger is 204
Roger Olson
PHRF ratings change depending upon the rating assigned by the regional rating committee. It may not be 204 anywhere else
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 10:27 AM
Subject: [bcc]

The PHRF rating for a BCC with working sails, 2 blade prop, no dodger is 204
Roger Olson

BRISTOL CHANNEL CUTTER OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Mail List Home:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bcc
BCC Owners Home: http://www.geocities.com/bccowners
Post message:    mailto:bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:       mailto:bcc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:     mailto:bcc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner:      mailto:bcc-owner@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .
Standard BCC mast is 44 feet (some older boats are slightly taller).  It is buried 6 feet from the underside of the cabin top to the top of the ballast.  It is about 4 feet below waterline.  This varies because different boats require a little more resin to cover the ballast. So this measurement can vary up to 2 inches.
Roger
Thanks Jim you are right, the ratings change with location.  For those interested, the Internet has all the information required if you just search PHRF.  The standard BCC in Southern California usually finished with a 226 to 230 rating.

roger 
Hi all,
For those of you who are interested in detailed information about Lyle Hess I suggest you go to www.msog.org and click on Remembering Lyle Hess.  Also, you can go to www.Norseayachts.com   
Cliff Unruh, who ran for Congress has his own sight where you can find more information on Lyle.  www.mobynet.com/~cunruh/cliff.htm
click on "You love sailboats (especially those of Lyle Hess)"
Roger Olson

HI ALL
THIS IS SHAWNSTAR HULL#36. I AM IN COOS BAY OREGON AN PLAN TO COME
TO THE EAST COAST THIS YEAR. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE COST
OF GOING THROUGH THE CANAL .THANKS FOR ANY HELP FRANK

I’m looking for a copy of the original contruction manuel on the BCC.