What happened to Spicer #60?

I was surprised to see an ad for the BCC Spicer #60 with an asking price of $69,500, sold in February.

Spicer was a beautiful BCC and I would have expected a much higher price. Does anyone know why she had such a low asking price and who the new owner is?

Did Jack Sieple, the previous owner who had built Spicer from a bare hull let her get run down? I would never have thought he’d sell her.

Larry N.

wish i had been looking when she was on the market, i missed her by a few weeks…
where is she now? ive ended up with a Norsea 27, but im keeping my eyes peeled for another Spicer.

a little blog ‘bout living on my Norsea 27’

That’s a nice rig, Ben. What kind of range can you pick up a signal at to get on one?

Hi Stan, hope all is well with you. Im using it at about 2000’ range based on a quick google map search of my harbor. Im sure you can get further with it. I pick up about 5-6 networks. Only issue i sometimes face is windy nights, the boat dances a bit on her mooring, so i lose signal sometimes. But ive jsut found a script with which i can customize the router firmware with to make it join the BEST available network in real time… so i think ill try that!

actually, it might be closer to 3000 feet… lets call it 2500 feet !
it was a cheaper solution then getting a bridge or a high powered omni antenna, but they are probably the better solution. But i must admit, I do find it fun “shooting” for my internet.

Please, I asked a question and you have gone off on a tangent. I would appreciate any info about Spicer, it’s sale and where it is now.

Larry

Larry, i too would like to know about Spicer.

Sorry, Larry. It was not my intention to overwrite your thread.

If this helps, Spicer was listed by Rogue Wave yacht Sales in Anapolis and probably sold by them.

Kate and bernie, the owners of Rogue Wave are excellent people and I think a phone call to them would get you some answers on Spicer. Even if all they can do is give your phone number to the new owner with a request to contact you.

Call Kate and Bernie at 410 571-2955. Don’t mention my name. Bernie’s a bit pissed at me at the moment. :smiley:

I saw Spicer last spring in Port Hadlock marina near Port Townsend, WA. She was sold before her refit was completed by Jack. When I saw her she was still not complete. I can only hope her new owners love her as much as Jack did.

Craig

I saw Spicer last spring in Port Hadlock marina near Port Townsend, WA. She was sold before her refit was completed by Jack. When I saw her she was still not complete. I can only hope her new owners love her as much as Jack did.

Craig

Hello Craig

Thx for the response. Did you meet the new owners of Spicer? Is she still at the Port Hadlock marina and going to remain in the Pacific Northwest?

Was Spicer in such poor condition that she would only get $70,000 asking price? It’s hard to believe the price is so low.

Larry

Hi Larry,
I didn’t meet the new owners…just saw the boat. She didn’t have the bow sprit on or a mast. It was my understanding when she was for sale that the interior needed new cushions, etc.

Hi Larry,

Feel free to give me a call, I can fill you in.

Kate
410 571-2955