winter rendezvous

hello-
sorry to get everyone excited, then leave you hanging. i have been out
of town and i am actually looking for a job and making arrangements to
relocate, so it has been a back burner thing. i am figuring a mid to
late february thing, i will try to get it firmed up soon.
John Churchill

Hi everyone - Joanne and I would certainly like to participate in a
winter rendezvous if at all possible. We just re-located from Texas to
the beautiful shores of the Piankatank River (with Ariel current at
Deagle’s Boatyard). We look forward to meeting and sailing with you.

Let us know of any plans or ideas.

Rob & Joanne

Robert J. Rieth
Phone: (804) 776-8883
Fax.: (804) 776-8999
rr@rjrva.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John and Robin Churchill [mailto:jchurchill@erols.com ]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 9:31 AM
To: bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [bcc] winter rendezvous

hello-
sorry to get everyone excited, then leave you hanging. i have been out
relocate, so it has been a back burner thing. i am figuring a mid to
John Churchill

BRISTOL CHANNEL CUTTER OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Mail List Home: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bcc
BCC Owners Home: http://www.geocities.com/bccowners
Post message: mailto:bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: mailto:bcc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: mailto:bcc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: mailto:bcc-owner@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Hi Rob and Joanne,  I want my BCC back!  We miss her so. We hope you two are doing well.

Carol and I often entertain ourselves remembering all our wonderful adventures aboard her.  Something about these boats that you just can't let go completely.  I hope we never do.

Glad you two made it to the Chesapeke.  How was the trip?  How did Ariel do?  Hope you two are enjoying your new home.  Sounds like a nice area.  We plan to get up there the next time around.  Whenever that is...

I think we are stuck here awhile.  I decided to start an electropolishing business.  In an attempt to get out of here sooner.  We will see how that goes.  Carol is still hard at work with her Co.  And doing well.

We both recently got our USCG Masters license.  Thanks to all that sea service time aboard Ariel (Pelagic).  Plan is to  charter our boat  part time in the USVI during the tourist season to supplement our income.  Then head back to Trini. and Venezuela during tropical storm season.  A couple of our cruising buddies are doing just that and having a great time.  We have to get back out there.  That is real living!

I was reading with interest about everyones refrig. experience.  I know your Seafrost dual system always did great by us.  (Don't forget to check that zinc in the heat exchanger).  I think we averaged no more than 50ah/ day in the tropics.

Here is a tip for the board.  Last year I bought an Engel 45 qt. Fridge/freezer.  That I use for a dedicated deep freeze.  What a fantastic unit!  It draws a max of 2.5 amps (dual voltage) I have ran it as low as -10deg. F in the middle of the box.  But usually run at +15 F.  They just came out with a cabinet drop in unit that I plan to buy when I refinish the galley.  In deep freeze mode it runs about 15 min. per hour.  You can do the math.  In my opinion this is the most powerful and energyefficient unit on the market.  You just have to have a place to put it.  And at around $750.  It sure beats the thousands that we spent on the Seafrost unit.  It will also make trays of ice almost twice as fast as a domestic unit.

You can go to their web site for full info.  engelusa.com.

Well that is all I have for now.  We wish everyone well.  And we will always be lurking here from time to time.

Oh, Rob.  I came across the canvas cover for the mast boot.  I will be glad to mail it to you if you want it.  Send me your address if so.

Regards to all,

Russ...

ertRieth wrote:

Hi everyone  - Joanne and I would certainly like to participate in a
Deagle's Boatyard). We look forward to meeting and sailing with you.

Rob & Joanne

Robert J. Rieth
rr@rjrva.com

From: John and Robin Churchill [mailto:jchurchill@erols.com]

hello-
sorry to get everyone excited, then leave you hanging.  i have been out
relocate, so it has been a back burner thing.  i am figuring a mid to
John Churchill

Mail List Home:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bcc
Post message:    mailto:bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:       mailto:bcc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:     mailto:bcc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner:      mailto:bcc-owner@yahoogroups.com

Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now
Gary:

Information on Engel refrigeration, via google.com search.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 6:34 PM
Subject: RE: [bcc] winter rendezvous

I am interested in learning more about the Engel fridge/freezer; however, the website you provided (www.engelusa.com ) does not look right.  All I can find there are electric amps.
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 6:47 AM

Hi Rob and Joanne,  I want my BCC back!  We miss her so. We hope you two are doing well.

Carol and I often entertain ourselves remembering all our wonderful adventures aboard her.  Something about these boats that you just can't let go completely.  I hope we never do.

Glad you two made it to the Chesapeke.  How was the trip?  How did Ariel do?  Hope you two are enjoying your new home.  Sounds like a nice area.  We plan to get up there the next time around.  Whenever that is...

I think we are stuck here awhile.  I decided to start an electropolishing business.  In an attempt to get out of here sooner.  We will see how that goes.  Carol is still hard at work with her Co.  And doing well.

We both recently got our USCG Masters license.  Thanks to all that sea service time aboard Ariel (Pelagic).  Plan is to  charter our boat  part time in the USVI during the tourist season to supplement our income.  Then head back to Trini. and Venezuela during tropical storm season.  A couple of our cruising buddies are doing just that and having a great time.  We have to get back out there.  That is real living!

I was reading with interest about everyones refrig. experience.  I know your Seafrost dual system always did great by us.  (Don't forget to check that zinc in the heat exchanger).  I think we averaged no more than 50ah/ day in the tropics.

Here is a tip for the board.  Last year I bought an Engel 45 qt. Fridge/freezer.  That I use for a dedicated deep freeze.  What a fantastic unit!  It draws a max of 2.5 amps (dual voltage) I have ran it as low as -10deg. F in the middle of the box.  But usually run at +15 F.  They just came out with a cabinet drop in unit that I plan to buy when I refinish the galley.  In deep freeze mode it runs about 15 min. per hour.  You can do the math.  In my opinion this is the most powerful and energyefficient unit on the market.  You just have to have a place to put it.  And at around $750.  It sure beats the thousands that we spent on the Seafrost unit.  It will also make trays of ice almost twice as fast as a domestic unit.

Well that is all I have for now.  We wish everyone well.  And we will always be lurking here from time to time.

Oh, Rob.  I came across the canvas cover for the mast boot.  I will be glad to mail it to you if you want it.  Send me your address if so.

Regards to all,

Russ...

ertRieth wrote:

Rob & Joanne

Robert J. Rieth
rr@rjrva.com

hello-
John Churchill

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now

This is a new model that essentially is the same as our Engel 45 unit, but is designed to be installed as a flush mounted / drop-in unit.  

It too, is AC/DC using only 2.5 Amps maximum to freeze to below zero degrees F.  It should be available some time later this year.   If you like what you see, then please let us know, and we will keep you updated.

To be used by:
  Boaters - as a spare refrigerator or deep freezer
  Campers - keep food frozen or beers chilled
  RV'ers - drop it into your existing cabinetry

Interior view - click image to enlarge

Model Number MR-40
Power consumption 0.7 - 2.5 Amps
Volume 43 qt.
Equivalent 60 cans (12 Fl.oz)
Weight 52.9 lbs.
Inside Dims 15.4" x 10.8" x 16.4"
Outside Dims 25.5" x 14.3" x 20"
Freezing Ability From 40°F to below 0°F
Temp. control Variable
Available colors Gray
Carry handles No
Refrigerant Gas 134A
Input rating DC12V - 2.7A
Power Leads Pig Tail 
Fuse 10A external fuse
Shipping Dims 29" x 17" x 23"
Shipping Weight 60 lbs.
Warranty 2 years
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 6:34 PM

I am interested in learning more about the Engel fridge/freezer; however, the website you provided (www.engelusa.com ) does not look right.  All I can find there are electric amps.

Regards to all,

Russ...

ertRieth wrote:

Rob & Joanne

Robert J. Rieth
rr@rjrva.com

hello-
John Churchill

Do you Yahoo!?

Hi Gary,  The correct site is (i-m-d.com/engel/). I think you will find your research into this fridge quite informative.  Amazing that these are used all over europe, africa, australia and barely known in the states.  But there many retailers and they all drop ship from the warehouse in Florida.  Do your homework on pricing.  Quite a range out there.  Write again for further info.

Russ...

Gary Mynett wrote:

Regards to all,

Russ...

ertRieth wrote:

Rob & Joanne

Robert J. Rieth
rr@rjrva.com

hello-
John Churchill

Do you Yahoo!?