An inside look BCC

Hi all,
I just completed 2 360 degree panoramas of my BCC Shanti. Since they are flash movies you will need to visit my site to view them. Please go to http://www.yacht-photography.net/2012/05/10/im-the-client/

Enjoy!
Gary

Vow…
Gary it is beautiful. The interior set up is very different than CERYAN?s. If I didn?t recognize the port holes and the general setup I wouldn?t know that she was BBC 28.
Meantime most of my rudder and gasket problems solved by thick nylon washers from ACE hardware stores. Jack lines are ready too.
I am retiring next week but CERYAN still will be on the hard. Because I will be sailing (in a different boat) from Miami to London next week.
When I fly back in early July, I will take her to south… May be north…
Who knows…

MEHMET (BCC #53

Gary
Beautiful boat and cool photography. The head is up forward hidden by double berth?

The toilet is under the watch seat by the companion way. A la Lin and Larry. Just about the only thing I don’t care for. But it’s a step up from the bucket I had on my Falmouth.

Gary:

The interior of your boat is beautiful and functional. Who designed the interior and did you build it? Is this a SLM built hull and deck or a Canadian built BCC?

Regarding the bucket vs. toilet, the toilet on IDUNA is also a step up from the 2 gallon bucket on African Moon. In Texas we installed a 3.5 gallon bucket but once we left Texas, we only needed a 2 gallon bucket.

The one advantage a bucket has over “flushie” is it has no plumbing and it always works.

Rod

Gary:

The interior of your boat is beautiful and functional. Who designed the interior and did you build it? Is this a SLM built hull and deck or a Canadian built BCC?

Regarding the bucket vs. toilet, the toilet on IDUNA is also a step up from the 2 gallon bucket on African Moon. In Texas we installed a 3.5 gallon bucket but once we left Texas, we only needed a 2 gallon bucket.

The one advantage a bucket has over “flushie” is it has no plumbing and it always works.

Rod

…and then there is the composting head. fancy bucket.

personally thrilled to never visit the pump out station again.

and now i am going to look at your pictures gary.

Rod

Rod,
Mike Anderson built this interior. The design is about 90% copy of the Pardeys. She was built as a hull/deck, exterior and major bulkheads by Sam L Morse.

Ah a bucket. Yes I miss the pure simplicity of it. She does have one of those lavac heads which work so simply.

IDUNA is fitted with a Lavac head and Henderson MK 5 pump. The weakest link in this system is the joker valve in the pump. Whale Pump will only sell the rebuilt kit to customers, whereas Henderson will sell just the valve. My experience is these valves last about 2 years before they develop a slight leak, that allows water in the pump to return to the head. Other than that “hitch” it’s a great system.

The bucket was OK but I think the composting head is probably the best of both worlds.

IDUNA

IDUNA is fitted with a Lavac head and Henderson MK 5 pump. The weakest link in this system is the joker valve in the pump. Whale Pump will only sell the rebuilt kit to customers, whereas Henderson will sell just the valve. My experience is these valves last about 2 years before they develop a slight leak, that allows water in the pump to return to the head. Other than that “hitch” it’s a great system.

The bucket was OK but I think the composting head is probably the best of both worlds.

IDUNA

Hi Gary,

Nice panorama. I went to your web site and noticed that you shot the scene using HDR technologies, which of course led to a bunch of google searches… Out of curiosity, mind if I ask how many shots it took for your panorama what exposures you used? Some day, if I ever get my brass polished, I might like to give it a try or fly you up to Virginia for a photo shoot.

Thx
Mark Geahart
s/v Godspeed

Hi Mark,
Thanks! Go back to my blog and ask your question there, in the comments. I don’t want to have thread drift here.
I know about polished brass. I was waiting for the same thing to shoot the panorama. But I got tired of waiting for someone to do it!

love it Gary very impressed, my varnish is matte but your gloss looks really nice. Just back from the Exhumas lots of stories haven’t made it as far south as you but will be working on it.

We’ve just finished replacing the traditional head with the Air Head composting head, and it works wonderfully. (We installed one in our previous boat, too.) More people should know about this option, in my opinion.

PS – sorry about the thread drift.

Ellen
“Jolie Brise”