Anchor Windlass

Ahoy Shipmates! We’re just finalizing the paperwork to acquire BCC #77, which has been a dream for decades!

Our (almost) have a bronze ABI manual windlass which appears to be identical to an RC Plath 7B windlass. As such, I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a copy of the instruction/maintenance manual for this windlass?

2. I tried to reaching out to RC Plath (both via email and phone) and it appears their website hasn’t been updated for a few years. Does anyone know if they’re still in business (sorry for the newbie question).

Thanks for the help!
Mike

I think I actually might have the owners manual (or whatever).

Hopefully I will remember to look. Don’t hesitate to remind me if I don’t get back to you in the next few weeks.

Gary

The attached pdf has a schematic, part numbers and a general description of the windlass.

ABI windlass.pdf (138 KB)

Thanks Gents! Appreciate the assist.
Mike

Gary,

Any chance you had a chance to look for the manual?

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry for not getting back to you Mike. I was sure that I had some sort of manual for the windlass but have not been able to find it, which may be because I was mistaken in the first place. All my documents are well organized in binders so I don’t think I misplaced it.

Gary

No worries at all, thanks so much for checking Gary!
Mike