Any Puget Sounders out there?

Hi Mark,
Indeed it comes down to certain individual preferences. I see your point about the way the V-berth helps limit the mess in the CG 31.
Would you comment on the effectiveness of the positioning of the boom sheets traveler on both vessels? I have never sailed on either vessel, and my sailing experience is limited.
My particular preference is to stay warm and extend the sailing season here in Puget Sound. It seems to me that with the traveler on the CG31 in the forward part of the cockpit, one would have more control and access advantages for the mainsail, and increased safety factors, with the possible disadvantage of it being more problematic to fully enclose the cockpit to stay warm with a bimini-dodger arrangement.(but not go so far as to seek a pilothouse vessel -I do like the ability to sail with an open cockpit whenever possible)

Would you comment on other significant tradeoffs relevant to the respective boom traveler positionings, such as how it effects useages of the cockpit and stern areas of the vessel?
A fully enclosed cockpit would help me extend my adventures in Puget Sound and the Inside Passage in more comfort during the cold and wet periods. I am pretty cold intolerant.
Sam

Sam

Send me your email via pm and I will send some photos of the CG layout re the boomkin and cockpit layout. Thanks

Mark
SV “Seabird”