Autoprop

Hello all, Just checking in to ask if anyone has tried fitting an Autoprop to a BCC recently. A search turns up lots of Maxprop info but nada on Autoprop. Anyone given it a try?

No autoprop here. Sorry. Did just install a 16.5 inch kiwi prop that seems great so far.

HI Gary, Thanks and good luck with Your Kiwi. Let us in on your observations over time, please. Ray

the autoprop looks like good gear I went the full length with it was about to buy and did due diligence to discover that when it folded there wasn’t enough space for it. Did a full scale drawing, gets a great name and I could pick one up in Europe but it was to no avail. Hope that this helps. I bought a Max prop instead and it seems just great had trouble getting the pitch right but it is easily adjusted, they also gave me a good price boat show special or something like that.

Hello Stewart,Were you trying to fit the 15" or 16"?

don’t remember now but they suggested taking a chunk out of the rudder to make it fit, I wasn’t happy with that. Too many variables…

don’t remember now but they suggested taking a chunk out of the rudder to make it fit, I wasn’t happy with that. Too many variables…

When I went to fit the kiwi prop I just pulled the shaft to shorten it. It was hitting the rudder in the feathered position (needed 3/4 inch to clear). Otherwise it had plenty of room, in excess of the recommended 20%.

Had to shorten anyway because of the new engine.

Did it in the water too. That was fun.