BCC #118 WhitewingsIII for sale

Sadly, age and circumstances have brought us to the very hard decision to put our lovely Whitewings up for sale. Here is a link to a web page describing her and contanct info for us. She will be terribly missed and we promise to find a new owner who will respect and appreciate the boat as much as the rest of us do.

It is with more than a little reluctance that I had to “approve” this message today.

This is not the first such message in the last few months, and, indeed, even I succumbed to common sense a couple of years ago.

However, I will not deviate from my opinion that in the 21th century, the BCC is still the most capacious and seaworthy vessel that I have ever had the pleasure to voyage on.

As a BCC (Or an FC) proves almost indestructible, and through the estimable knowledge of the users on this website, I hope a new dedicated generation may slip quietly into our wake.

It is, I believe, very important that we all understand; the BCC and the FC were both designed and constructed based on lore and skills based on the abilities, either to get first to the post packet, or more likely, to outfly the exciseman, that these vessels were designed and constructed.

The excess of sailcloth over the waterline length makes this vessel a total dream, a little reef, and you can often improve performance. On the otherhand, in weather, you are likely to be the one to render assistance to other, lesser, vessels.