Beautiful radio controled BCC

Mike Anderson has built a beautiful 1/12 scale radio controlled BCC. I will post more info as it is available. Attached are a few pics.

Enjoy!

T Y , for sharing Gary !

I had heard that Mike was interested in remote controled aircraft , but that was years ago , not heard anything since .

I miss Mike , he is such a kindred spirit .

Wish I could have him working on Calliste , again !

Currently enjoying a remote South China Sea Island experience at Palau Tioman , for a month or two .

This is what we are all here for , isn’t it ??? Well , I am certainly enjoying my time here with my BCC Calliste !

Much Love and Happiness to All ,

Hi BCC / Falmouth owners,
Well, it’s finally time to introduce the BBCM …Bristol Channel Cutter the Model…1/12 semi-scale.
Many of you BCC / Falmouth owners know that I build the Freehand Steering System and if you have one, then we probably know each other. You also probably know that I’ve been addicted to Radio Controlled Planes, Jets, and Helicopters as my hobby for the past 10 years.
When the Sam L. Morse co. closed it’s doors, Mike Hooper (Hull#124) was in the right place at the right time when he heard the, " If you want anything upstairs get it out now, 'cause it’s all going in the trash". Smartly, he salvaged many rolls, of BCC and Falmouth plans… and the 1/12 scale stripped plank hull that was built by Wayne Edney. Many of you owners probably remember it in the office collecting dust…
Mike held onto them for a few years and finally had to clean the storage room out and it sadly was headed for the trash bin again. I just happened to be on the stoop when he walked by and asked if I could do something with it. Now, if you know my story ( Off the Beach" Sailing, November 1990 ) you’ll know I’m good at taking hulls and making something out of them…so, here we go again.Now it’s a living thing of Lyle Hess beauty that goes to windward radio controlled style. Now, there are a few details lacking that your sharp eye picked up, that being the hawse pipe fittings, bow rollers, etc, but like any new boat, they get done one by one.
Click on the link below for “Sail’s Down” on You tube.
This will be the first of a few video’s that I think you’ll find amusing." Let me know what you think.

http://andersonboatworks.com/off_the_beach.htm

Mike Anderson
AndersonBoatworks.com - Maverick - Pictures