building a BCC

Ben Eriksen has tormented me about setting up a blog, have a look,its my first attempt at building a BCC and doing a blog.
http://stewart-hull126bristolchannelcutter.blogspot.com/

Awesome! Looks great! I am real excited to watch your progress. Definately keep the pics and updates coming!

KD

Your boat looks beautiful, I look forward to seeing her in the water.
Jonathan

Your boat looks beautiful, I look forward to seeing her in the water.
Jonathan

Stewart, I can see by your “Blog” that you love what you are doing and it shows in the detail. You should be proud.

Roger

Stewart,
The Bristol Channel Cutter may be out of production but it is good to see that the level of high quality workmanship is being carried on with your boat. The time that you spend now will be appreciated in the long run. The very best to you and yes,keep us posted. Does she have a name??

Bob & Lois

BCC Jolie Brise

Just a reminder:

The BCC is not out of production, vessels can be ordered for http://www.capegeorgecutters.com

Regards
John

Good point John!

Stewart, she really is coming along nicely. I saw her in September, and it all looked amazing in person. The rows and rows of hardware lined up, the parts and pieces all hanging on string for varnish… like a kid in candy shop, I was all smiles. I really like the hatch design, without the seam compound :wink:

Thanks for posting up all those pics, great inspiration. We going to get a chance to rendezvous this summer?

Well thanks for the feedback folks, I would love to bask in all the glory, alas most of it should be directed at the shipwright, who seems to know what he is doing!!! It is alot of fun and I shall keep the blog going, would love to hear from any and all re tips and advice. the forum has been a good friend.

the name is still in the committee stage and an announcement will be made soon, hopefully! I never thought it would be that hard to decide on a name.

Sorry John, I should have said out of production as we know them. I doubt any will roll down the ways real soon.

Bob & Lois

Bcc Jolie Brise

Stewart,

Remember that whatever name you pick will have to be said over phones, VHFs, and SSB through the years. Imagine spelling it out and correcting “M” for “N” and such. Some people I know named their boat “Upside Down” - just a bad idea!

I enjoy reading about your building of #126.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron, I totally agree. My first BCC I named “Xiphias” which I liked because it was different. It came from Greek mythology about an underwater sea god that was fast, mean and was the technical term for swordfish. Trying to explain the name was a problem and veryone call her “Syphilis”

Roger

That Xiphias story is funny… I never knew how to pronounce the name of the “most famous” BCC until I watched your South Pacific video. It is a cool name if you know the meaning (sea Gods, etc.).

I have always liked the name “Sophie” for a boat… its classic and sweet and if you are into the salty Patrick O’Brian novels it was Jack Aubrey’s first command that was small, powerful, quick and overtook much larger vessels… kind of like a BCC. Anyway, if I ever own my dream BCC I will name her Sophie (with the proper renaming ritual of course).

KD

Stewart,

I have been checking out your blog just about daily to track the progress of your BCC, and WOW she is looking amazing. I can’t wait to see how she turns out. All the little details seem really cool, and she looks like she will be a really really nice custom BCC. How long until they are done and we can see the final product? Congratulations on the progress thus far.

KD

Thank you for all the kind words, the limiting factor at the moment is the strength of the Canadian Dollar, which somewhat dampens my enthusiasm. Hopefully things will be concluded over the summer. I am not quite sure what I’ll do with myself after she is completed, but hey, maybe I should go sailing. So far building the boat hasn’t cost me my marriage although it is a juggling act at times, the first mate is still on board and bracing herself for the deep blue yonder. Keep ya posted.

At long last…the latest addition to the fleet,

the latest addition to the fleet…see the blog for pics. She is quite beautiful and I am totally thrilled. Launch will have to wait until late spring.

Wow… that is a beautiful sight! Looking forward to seeing her next summer?! Will you take her home in June or cruise in Maine for a bit? Probably too early to tell…

Congratulations!

the plan is to cruise Maine if I can get the time off, maybe north maybe south we shall see.