Cabin sole

Could someone please measure their cabin sole at its widest point for me? :slight_smile:

i’ll be at the boat on monday. be happy to measure cabin sole for your. you want the distance between the two seatee’s?

Thanks but I have a 22 FC Its hull 26 I know is confusing on my post. A good friend of mine has a 26 and I love it, seems like the best size of all of them.

oops!

18 3/8" at it’s widest which is right around the partial bulkheads fwd of the settees.

Thank you so much, my boat is owner finished and I wasn’t sure what factory spec was. I’m short about 5’10" and I’m thinking about adding a bilge, water tank and raising my sole 2" which will widen the soul to 24" and still give me standing head room.

Sounds pretty cool. How much water do you think the tank will hold?

That’s a really good question. Ideally I would like 30 gallons in a single tank and an addition 25 in portable tanks. I have an owner finished FC with no engine, no head and no tanks so its an open book.

I’ve only had her 2 years but am learning fast that weight distribution is critical on these boats. I have been using 200lbs of dog food and 10 cases of wine as movable ballast to determine where she likes the weight. Ideally I will have a deck mounted box with a gravity feed water tank that also fills my main tank from a rain catch. I wish I had access to a few factory boats so I could compare layouts.

One thing I love is the 6x6 laminated keel stepped compression post but it does rob some space in the galley and bilge, where my tank will be. One thing for sure I can pile 2000 lbs of crap/food/booze in this boat and still not be down to her DWL. She seems to prefer more weight, and sails great loaded as long as I keep her steering sails flying longer than her driving sail.

Hi Alan

I measured my sole directly on the plywood underlay and at the widest point (across the quarter berth bulkheads approx 39" from main bulkhead) I got 20 3/4". I remember someone stating that the later FCs had a raised sole so that they could put in two water tanks made by Ronco (part number B341) with each one being 9 gal. Added to that is the plastic water tank under the engine which is 23 gal. for a total of 41 gal in a factory Sam L Morse FC. These will also add some more weight down below. I hope this is helpful.

John V.
FC39

Yeah I’m not sure how much of my boat is factory, I talked to Gary the second owner and he said He ripped out a bunch of the interior the original owner had built. For the record my headroom in the center is 72 and 1/2".