Cheapeake social meet

Hi everyone,
We will meet when convenient for everyone (we can be pretty flexible) but have a few thoughts to mention. Just speaking for us, we’d rather a quieter setting than the boat show. We’ve never been before so we imagine lots of boats, people, noise, etc. Let us know if we’re wrong. Let’s hear from you folks, summer’s acomin’. Ray

Hello all:
?
I have to say ditto for the crew of Calypso Annapolis is far for us, given constraints that will rear their ugly heads next fall (kid in public school) and our cruising style. Kate, do you guys work the show? I love the idea of a Lyle Hess get together, and showing off all our boats, but we might be able to better concentrate on those ideas if we are not at the show. There was a mention of Lin and Larry Pardey being at the show are they sailing in or flying?
?
Our ideal would still be St. Marys possibly late September (if not June) maybe people could make that a stop en route to the boat show? (This assumes people heading up north from the south!) Or does anyone have other ideas about places that are good for anchoring but also relatively easy for land accommodations? (Solomons Island comes to mind)
?
Barring that, we would probably be amenable to trying to stage our way north for an Annapolis reunion, but that might take some assistance in land transport, if possible. How impossible is it to find anchoring space in Annapolis during the show? One of the really nice things about our last rendezvous was not feeling crowded at all, and the night after the official rendezvous was fabulous, with 4 boats left and nobody eating dinner all alone.
?
Lets make this happen this year, regardless of where and when!!!
?
Nica
Calypso, BCC #6

Iduna?can?make?St. Mary’s in the fall but not in the spring or summer - commitments.
?
Good Anchorages in Annapolis are few and?far between before and during the boat show. Annapolis becomes the gathering ground for many cruisers?waiting to go?south. Although?boats are now anchoring?off the seawall in front of the?Naval Academy, the anchorage is?“bumpy” and open. Last year?we estimated perhaps 100 plus boats anchored in this area. There are good anchorages up the?Severn River?but the?distance to the boat show is rather long by dink.
?
Rod

Aloha All,
?
Hi there. Oh boy, I can see we are getting enthusiastic about the Lyle Hess Rendezvous in September, say September 25-26 or October 2-3.
?
I have the perfect spot for us…Vera’s White Sands up the Patuxent, just up from Solomon Is. It is a perfect spot with docking for $1 per foot which gives us access to all of the facilities including a nice pool, a restaurant, and ?little tiki bar. I’ve been there before and it was lovely.
?
I’m going to post more under the title Lyle Hess Rendezvous 2004.?
Kate
Kate Christensen
RogueWave Yacht Sales & Services, LLC.
1806 Dreams Landing Way
Annapolis, MD 21401 USA
410 571-2955 Office
410 703-5008 Cell
801 681-9741 Fax

Lyle Hess Owners Rendezvous
Sept. 24- 25-26 at St. Leonard Creek
Saturday Night the 25th?at
Vera’s White Sands Marina

Attention Lyle Hess Vessel Owners,
?
Come One, Come All!
By Land, or By Sea!
?
Vera’s White Sands
That’s the Place for Thee.
?

?
Thanks for all your input. We’ve set the?date set as everyone seems to like late September and south of Annapolis! This is perfect! I actually spoke with Ms. Vera herself!?She would love to have us. She is a gracious lady of great?style and charm. She makes Vera’s what it is.?
?
I’ve?estimated 10 boats. They charge 1$ per foot! We’ll have access to the pool, the restaurant, bar and access by land, and there is a fuel dock too. I’d love to see a lot of boats tie up so we can all walk around, visit and everything. However, you can anchor and dinghy in too.
?
St. Leonard Creek is gorgeous. It is about 3 miles up the Patuxent River just past Point Patience. There are a few nice anchorages along the creek as it is a big wide, deep creek. We could anchor one night perhaps just past Rodney Point where there is a beautiful white sand beach. Then we could?go to the Marina on Saturday Night. Vera’s White Sands Marina?is up where John’s Creek joins St. Leonard Creek. Then, of course, either the night before or after, Solomons Is is just down the river if anyone wands to go there as part of their voyage.?Depending on the amount of time you have, this part of the Bay is a fabulous place to explore. I’ve always wanted to explore the Eastern Shore down there. And?then you can wind up at?the Boat Show in Annapolis if you like. ?
?
I’ll get the information into SpinSheet and Chesapeake Bay Magazine, and get the word out to every owner of a Lyle Hess design that we can find. We have a few Nor’Sea 27, Falmouth Cutters 22, Montgomery 17, and Bristol Channel Cutters. Please spread the word. If owners from afar want to join us at Vera’s on Saturday afternoon, they can easily get to Baltimore, rent a car, and drive down to stay in Solomons Is or St. Mary’s. Perfect! (More details Coming Soon!) Please let me know if you plan to come.
?
Hope to See you All There!
?
AlohaKate

Dear Kate,
It sure is wonderful to have someone with your enthusiasm and love of
BCC’s aboard.
Thank you most sincerely for your efforts,
Jim Hiller
Cyrano # 120

Dear Jim,
?
Thank you so much for your support of Lyle Hess and all he did.
?
We are very excited about the Rendezvous in his honor. I hope to make it special.
?
And if you can not come by sea, I hope?you will come by land. ?It could be a great adventure to sail North and cruise the Chesapeake. We all want to meet you and see your beautiful Cyrano. If you could come up for this, we would all be so pleased.
?
If you don’t have time to sail Cyrano, will you come by plane and by land??
?
Thank you for your support of Lyle, of the BCC, and all of what we know to be fine and real.
?
Kate
Kate Christensen
RogueWave Yacht Sales & Services, LLC.
1806 Dreams Landing Way
Annapolis, MD 21401 USA
410 571-2955 Office
410 703-5008 Cell
801 681-9741 Fax
kate@roguewaveyachtsales.com
www.roguewaveyachtsales.com