Checkup

How is everyone doing? I’m writing from Salt Spring Island in the Salish Sea which is probably one of the best places possible to self-isolate. We are mostly locked down in B.C. Just curious how things are where you are. Staying in good spirits? How are you passing time if you’re in lockdown? Are you able to get to your boat? And to do work? What about cruising plans for the summer? Of course, we hope the most severe restrictions will be lifted by then, but perhaps there won’t be many possible open cruising destinations.

My wife, a Buddhist, quotes the Buddha: “Keep on, steadfastly.”

Stay well everyone!

Derek Lundy
“Gertrud” BCC 23

Interesting and timely Derek. Just in from Grenada and an aborted cruise. Foreshortened by cov 19 and the shutting down of the islands. It got a bit hairy towards the end with shutting down of ports and a variety of non sensical decisions by flight agents and gov official based on I suspect panic and power.

It could have got ugly at the airport as people became increasingly agitated and distressed. We were most fortunate to get out and it was my first experience of being a displaced person and very humbling.

In the end it all came through. 3items were important the passport of course and some money and lastly a cell phone with a full battery and coverage sufficient to contact assistance abroad.

Anyway we live in interesting times. A pity about the cruise but as they say that’s baseball. Stravaigin was fully spooled up to but will have to rest in Grenada for next season. Stewart.