Code Zero

I have a Falmouth 26. I’d like to add a code zero. My sprit is too short to add an attachment point forward of my jib furler- there is only 4. 1/2” available. Anyone have a solution that has worked?

On BCC Calypso we attach the tack end to a shackle on the cranziron forward of forestay. The cranziron is drilled with 3 holes on the top gusset. We use a webbing loop to elevate the code zero drum above the jib roller furling drum. When deployed, the code zero luff bellows out a bit away from the furled jib.

It’s an imperfect solution but has been quite serviceable. Problems with this approach include:

1. Some intermittent contact between the code zero drum and the bottom of the jib foil leading to some abrasion marks.

2. The webbing loop can and sometimes does twist when unfurling the code zero, leading to “over wrap” of the code zero continuous furling line. I need to look into using some kind of torsion pennant instead of just a webbing loop.

Thanks for the reply. Any chance you have any pics?

Best,
JoAnne

Here is a pic of the arrangement under sail. Sorry I don’t seem to have any close ups of the details.

Thank you very .

Best,
JoAnne