Fundraising Time

Happy to add $100 to the life of this forum. With thanks to John for all he does.

Dear BCC Forum:

Hopefully, most of us are finished with the annual Spring fitting out and are either in the water or about ready to “splash” their BCC. We have several generous donations at the $100 and $200 level. Regardless of your donation level, I would like to thank you for your willingness to step to the mast.

"In the next few months we are facing some heavy expenditure on this website, the Forum system is now over nine years old, and, although we have updated it frequently, it is beginning to ?creak?. We will soon need to transport all messages to new software, whilst ensuring the same functionality.

Last time we moved the forum (from the old Google site) Jeremy Waters provided considerable assistance in downloading the 4,000 old messages, and formulating them for the new software. We are now looking at transferring over 11,000 messages." John Cole

We have raised $950 to date. Our goal is $1,500. We need to raise $650 more. All we need is 13 sailors at the $50 level to make our goal. That’s 14 cents per day for a year.

When we rebuilt and owned African Moon, our custom aft-cabin Flicka, interest in the Flicka was zero to marginal. I started a Flicka website in hopes of meeting other Flicka owners. Today, there is a Flicka website, Facebook page and Newsletter. Tom Davison is the editor of the excellent newsletter, “Flicka Friends”. Interesting in the Flicka is alive and well thanks to an Internet presence.

The BCC forum is more than information. It is means for sailor who have never heard of a BCC to lean about these magnificent cutters. In the 70’s and 80’s, the Bristol Channel Cutter was known and admired. Today, this is not the case.

Keep this site alive and keep the Bristol Channel Cutter legend alive. Please make a donation.

Thanks,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Terrier is in!

Cheers,
Tom

We are in for $50. This site has been a great resource for us!

Bob & Erin
BCC Mandy

Rod, Thank you for keeping the site active and up to date. I used the site as a resource everyday when I was building my boat. An invaluable resource.

OUr fundraising drive early this morning raised $1,100. Lenora and I stepped up to the mast this morning and added another $50, making our total contribution $100. We have several sailor who donated $100 and one individual who donated $200. Thank You, Thank You. Thank You to all who have donated.

The amount you donate is important but equally important is you are willing to step to the mast to keep this site on the Internet and a valuable resource for BCC owners and admirers. We need to raise $350 to meet our goal of $1,500. That’s 7 sailor at the $50 level or 14 sailors at the $25 level.

As most of you know Lenora need to sell IDUNA. Life changes and we need to move forward. Granted, we have not been very active about selling the boat. You may ask, why would we run a fundraising campaign for the BCC forum and donate $100. Lenora and I love the Bristol Channel Cutter for its beauty, seaworthiness, sailing characteristics. Simply said, they are good boats and this forum is our connection to other BCC’s.

This forum is the thread that connects us and binds us together into a Bristol Channel Cutter family. Please help support the BCC family and donate to this forum.

Thank You,

Rod & Lenora,
BCC IDUNA

$25.00 from Jolly Dolphin, FC #3

Thanks to everyone for the time and input on this site; so much useful information here.

As of this writing we have raised $1,225 USD. We need to make our goal to show John Cole we care about and support this forum. Our goal is $1,500. We need more sailors and admirers to step to the mast, clamp onto the halyard and help raise the mainsail to the $1,500 level.

Search the forum about any BCC subject and you will most likely get several hits. Try searching for “Radar” and you will find several post, including one discussing selecting a radar unit based on array size, range and resolution. OH, I cheated because I wrote that post. :slight_smile: Engine mounts, thru-hulls, windvanes, anchors, chain, windless, etc, etc. It’s all here and for 14 cents per day at the $50 level.

We need 6 shipmates to help hoist the mainsail at the $50 level. Please donate at least $25 USD. Once we have hoisted the mainsail, we can belay the fundraising halyard.

Thanks to all the shipmates who have clamped onto the halyard and are ready to hoist the mainsail.

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Our fundraising is still at $1,225.00 (USD). I will keep the fundraising campaign open till Friday May 23rd.

We have 8 days, including today, to raise $275 to meet our goal of $1,500.00. We need to show John Cole and Coledata, we appreciate the Bristol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter forum enough to offset some of Cole’s costs.

We just need two $50 donations and seven $25 donations or some combination.

If we cannot raise the $1,500, this will be the last fundraising campaign I run. Even after selling IDUNA, I am willing to run another campaign if we can meet our goal of $1,500.

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Put us down for $100 to keep this resource alive.
Always the first stop for info.
Thank you to John and all the contributors.

Nick & Rika
BCC Freelance

We are $25 from our fund raising goal of $1,500. I need a FC or BCC sailor to step to the mast, clamp onto the halyard and help hoist the mainsail.

This site serves several purposes:

1. Description of projects completed,

2. Resource of information,

3. Resource for solving problems,

4. Boat hardware sourcing,

5. Public awareness of and interest in the FC & BCC,

6. Photo gallery,

7. etc., etc.

Who will donate $25 or $50? I plan to keep the fundraising door open until Friday at 12 noon. The more we raise the longer between fundraising drives.

As I wrote before, if we make our fundraising goal, I will run the next fundraising campaign. That alone is worth a $100 donation. What do you say shipmates, donate $25 then raise another $100 just to so you don’t have to run the next fundraising campaign.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

I have been lazily observing the correspondence over the fundraising,
And now I think it’s time to sheepishly make my pledge.
The resource provides invaluable support to we stalwart group of BCC devotees.
I’m happy to pledge 100 bucks to the cause.
Mike.

We are at the $1,485 level based on the donation list. This does not included BCC Adventure’s generous pledge of $100. Hum, $1,485 seems so close to $1,500. Will someone donate $15.00 to round-up the number.

The drive is official finished Friday at 12 noon. All we need is three donations at the $5 level.

Rod
BCC IDUNA

We?ll put in $15 more to take the wrinkle out of the luff.

Bob & Erin
BCC Mandy

Bob, Erin and Lowell

Thank you, Thank you.

We have reached our goal of $1,500 plus $15 over the goal. The mainsail is now hoisted and set for broad reaching through the trades. Total funds on the donation list are $1,515. Hope more funds will come in.

I will keep the fundraising drive open until Friday noon (EDST). We can always use a little help with the the wind to drive the ship on her passage.

Fair Winds,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Dear Shipmates:

I will close the fundraising campaign at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Saving Time (U.S.A.) or 16:00 hours Greenish Mean time.

Each Spring we fit out our boats for the season. Sometimes finding inspirations is difficult especially when sanding. Please find a link to an inspiring film about a young man and a Herreshoff H28.

Fair Winds and Safe Passages,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

The funding campaign is officially closed. I would like to thank all the individuals who donated - Thank YOu So Very Much. See list.

What does this forum really cost. If Coledata were to charge for their time, the cost is over $3,000. This year, in addition to the $3,000, we need to contract for programing a new forum - ~$2,000. The current forum is “cracking”, i.e. it’s old. Following are the stats:

Users: 1,658 (1,000 inactive users culled)
Banned users: 742
Forum Posts: 11,415
Private messages: 1,745

Coledata handles queries, private messages, etc, including prepping images for users, and deleting duplicate messages. About 100 spam posts every week are “killed”, usually before they hit the forum!

We need to help offset these costs. I am thinking about running an annual funding campaign.

Name Amount

Gary Simmons $200.00
Dereck Lundy $150.00
Rod Bruckdorfer $100.00
Andrew Blight $100.00
Tom Winkler $100.00
Nick & Rika Abe $100.00
Vagabond WiFi $50.00
Dan Dews $50.00
Timothy Pearla $50.00
Meryl Williams $50.00
Jay Odell $50.00
Luis Gomez $50.00
Paul Becker $50.00
Ron Thompson $50.00
Gary Mynett $50.00
Robert Rudy $50.00
Ron Walton $50.00
Bob & Erin Young $50.00
Eric Pomber $50.00
Gary Felton $50.00
John Riley $25.00
Paul Becker $15.00
Robert Young $15.00
Lowell Harrison $10.00

Total: $1515.00

Again, thank you.

Fair Winds,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

We, Anita Rock/Berkowitz Bros. added $50 by snail mail.
Thanks again.

nathaniel berkowitz, sausalito california
tel: 415 331 3987 fax: 415 331 0414
email:nathanielsf@yahoo.com

On Friday, May 23, 2014 10:06 AM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

Author: IDUNA
Username: IDUNA
Subject: Re: Fundraising Time
Forum: BCC Forum
Link: http://www.samlmorse.com/forum/read.php?5,13015,13083#msg-13083

The funding campaign is officially closed. I would like to thank all the individuals who donated - Thank YOu So Very Much. See list.

What does this forum really cost. If Coledata were to charge for their time, the cost is over $3,000. This year, in addition to the $3,000, we need to contract for programing a new forum - ~$2,000. The current forum is “cracking”, i.e. it’s old. Following are the stats:

Users: 1,658 (1,000 inactive users culled)
Banned users: 742
Forum Posts: 11,415
Private messages: 1,745

Coledata handles queries, private messages, etc, including prepping images for users, and deleting duplicate messages. About 100 spam posts every week are “killed”, usually before they hit the forum!

We need to help offset these costs. I am thinking about running an annual funding campaign.

Name Amount

Gary Simmons $200.00
Dereck Lundy $150.00
Rod Bruckdorfer $100.00
Andrew Blight $100.00
Tom Winkler $100.00
Nick & Rika Abe $100.00
Vagabond WiFi $50.00
Dan Dews $50.00
Timothy Pearla $50.00
Meryl Williams $50.00
Jay Odell $50.00
Luis Gomez $50.00
Paul Becker $50.00
Ron Thompson $50.00
Gary Mynett $50.00
Robert Rudy $50.00
Ron Walton $50.00
Bob & Erin Young $50.00
Eric Pomber $50.00
Gary Felton $50.00
John Riley $25.00
Paul Becker $15.00
Robert Young $15.00
Lowell Harrison $10.00

Total: $1515.00

Again, thank you.

Fair Winds,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Count me in for 50 too the forum is quite simply excellent and has been of immense assistance in the building of my boat. I shall forward as soon as I get home from my sailing trip. Thanks so much john

Stewart:

Thank you. Safe passage.

Rod