Hull #99 - New Owner, Same Name

Hello all! I am the lucky new owner of BCC hull #99. In September 2019, I purchased Metaphora from her original owner. She’s currently in Anacortes, WA and I expect to keep her there for the forseeable future. I’ve been a lurker on this board for about 15 years, from the time I first fell in love with Lyle Hess designs and visited the Sam L. Morse yard in Costa Mesa. I wasn’t in a position to buy a BCC then, but I have now realized that dream. I’ve always appreciated this site and chat boards, and I look forward to contributing in the months and years to come. I look forward to crossing paths with other BCC and FC owners in the near future. Cheers!

Congratulations Keith,
We live in Anacortes but keep Terrier (#31) in Port Townsend. Not a better place or boat! Lots to see and do here & near.
Cheers,
Tom

Hi Keith,
Welcome to the forum! Shaula is at Shilshole marina in Seattle. We’ve spent our summers since 2008 in BC’s Greater Desolation Sound and hope to meet up with you and Metaphora somewhere.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. We live on Tybee Island, Georgia but have fallen in love with Anacortes and look forward to spending more time there. We visited Port Townsend for the first time in September for the Wooden Boat Show and really enjoyed it too. This will be our first chance to sail the Pacific Northwest, so we’ve got a lot to learn!

Keith

svshaula Wrote:

Hi Keith,
Welcome to the forum! Shaula is at Shilshole
marina in Seattle. We’ve spent our summers since
2008 in BC’s Greater Desolation Sound and hope to
meet up with you and Metaphora somewhere.

Thanks! I hope we cross paths sooner than later. We plan to spend much of July and August in and around Anacortes getting to know Metaphora and the sailing grounds, and we look forward to meeting other BCC owners.

If any East Coast sailors are transiting the Intracoastal through Georgia, or passing Savannah, please let me know!

Keith,
give me a heads up when you’re headed this way. If we’re in the area we’d be happy to share experiences.

Tom

Welcome to the wonderful world of BCC ownership!

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. My wife and I spent the last 4 months in Anacortes and ended up buying a house in Old Town, so we’ll be around there more often. I was able to get out sailing on Metaphora some, and can’t wait for next season to take my next steps getting to really know her. I had a full boat cover made that is exceptional; let me know if anyone in that area wants a referral. I look forward to catching up, when it’s safe to do so! Cheers…

Hi Keith,
Thought you might like seeing our old video “Mexico Odyssey”, a trip to Mexico. buddy boating with Mike and Lisa on Metaphora.
Wayne
BCC Odyssey