I want a BCC, maybe...

Hi all,
I’m a professional sailor teaching sailing on San Francisco Bay. I think the BCC is my boat, but I haven’t sailed one to know for sure. Anybody have one on the bay?
Call me or email when you need competent crew.
Thanks!
Art
415 925-1648
CaptainArt@2b-One.com

Ahoy Cap’t Art , sooo sorry that there are so few BCC’s on S F Bay at the moment .

Like you , I too did wish for a BCC ride , but didn’t ever get one, except for the ride Doug Schmuck on BCC Puffin, out of Isla Pardita, Baja , gave me back in 1985 ??? .

The newsletter editor back in 1996, was not so co-operative, nor willing to take the time to share info , way back then.

That attitude of his, hurt us all , we being the new comers , but that is what he was about !, drats !

Having owned an Orion 27 Pacific Seacraft, back in 1987 , and not being able to beat off a lee shore in Monterey, back then, I decided a better sailboat was needed.

There were other lessons that I learned from my first keel boat, but a BCC did solve a bunch or “heaps” as the Aussies say , of those problems.

Your problem will evolve around , that there were just not enough BCC’s made to go around, and that those of us , who are fortunate enough to own one , are too few and far between .

Most of us owners took particular note of the Pardey’s information and videos , which helped us to decide , we have not found that information to be in error, in any way !

Good Luck to you in your search, it seems that none of the BCC owners, never regretted their purchase , and that includes me too .

Douglas BCC # 72 , Currently in Singapore

We own and keep Anita Rock BCC#4 in SF Marina WEst Harbor. I am available to go over
details and get it out for a short cruise.
respond to nathanielsf@yahoo.com or cell 415 305 8997

When you buy a BCC, not only do you get a great sailing seaworthy boat that turns head when you sail into an anchorage but you become part of a family that supports its members.

dwkayaks Wrote:

Having owned an Orion 27 Pacific Seacraft, back in
1987 , and not being able to beat off a lee shore
in Monterey, back then, I decided a better
sailboat was needed.

, it seems that
none of the BCC owners, never regretted their
purchase , and that includes me too .

Douglas BCC # 72 , Currently in Singapore

I too am interested and searching for information. Can the BCC really be all that folks say? I found your statement about not being able to beat off a lee shore with the Orion 27 and you replaced that with the BCC. I guess my assumption was that the two boats would have been comparable in their weatherly abilities. Your thoughts?