Jolly Dolphin Hull #3 for Sale

After a wonderful summer sailing on the Chesapeake, I am reluctantly putting Jolly Dolphin up for sale. She performed flawlessly and I now see (with a few sea-miles under my keel) why FC are so beloved.

I am putting her up for sale (with great consternation) because life plans have changed. The politics of Public Education have finally gotten to me. I think it time to let go of security and follow my bliss (sounds lame but true) I hope to enroll in a 2 Year Traditional Wooden Boat Apprenticeship (if accepted) at the end of next school year. I will more than likely have to work this summer and not get to even get her wet. As those on Tilghman Island will tell you she is unofficially the prettiest boat on the Bay and I think she will be better served with water under her hull and an owner who will care for her and use her more than I.

I am in no hurry but reluctantly will let her go. I will hold out for $50K and will gladly talk to and/or send the 2009 survey to any serious buyer along with pictures of her this summer and any info wanted.

Although she has minor issues as any boat 30 years old, I have corrected most and the remaining I have been told by the yard are inexpensive (yeah and my unicorn just had twins). Realistically she was looked over pretty good by the yard and they told me all systems were in great shape. Contact me and I can fill you in on her.

She is currently shrink wrapped and on the hard in Tilghman Island Maryland, at a great and friendly marina. Email if serious and we can chat about what a beautiful little dame she is.