Lewmar 16CST Winches For Sale - $375/ea

Hey all,

I’m selling a set of new (unused), older model Lewmar 16CST winches, and a set of used Lewmar 6 alloy winches (which are too small for BCCs). These are also listed on ebay… The 16CST would work well for stays’l sheet winches, or halyard winches.

Lewmar 16CSTs - $375/ea

This is a late 80s Lewmar winch that was purchased in the mid-90s with the intention of replacing some non-selftailing winches on a boat we previously owned. However, we sold that boat before swapping the winches, and this has been sitting in storage ever since. It has never been installed nor used and the entire winch is in like-new condition. Cast bronze innards, stainless shaft, bronze drum with chrome plating, aluminum self-tailing jaw.

The winch was just torn down and completely cleaned with Diesel. There is no corrosion to be found and everything looks perfect. The drum has a small amount of pitting in the chrome from age, but that happen to anything that is chromed. Look at the photos and you’ll see that the winch is in perfect condition. The winch will be sent dry (no grease or oil), so the buyer will need to grease the drum, bearings, gears and oil the pawls prior to use. These sell new for more than $550/ea. Further, new lewmar winches have plastic, spring loaded jaws that crack within a few years from sun degradation. The jaw and tailing arm (one piece) is cast aluminum and will never break or degrade.

This winch will work with 7/16-9/16" line. If you need measurements of the bottom, let me know.

To see more photos (hi-res), visit: Winch Photos

Buyer to pay $9 shipping within US (USPS Priority); Canada and Mexico will be a bit more. If you purchase both winches, I’ll combine shipping to be $15.