Lifeline stanchions

Hi,
Incredible boat. A “museum piece.” You have raised the bar to new heights and set a new standard for BBCs. I am jealous. I started having doubts about my BBC (#53). Is it the same type of boat? Did I get a faux BBC? Did I get tricked? I keep checking the documents to assure myself that CERYAN is BBC too.
However as a reporter (retired) I must ask you what was your budget.
Cheers,

Mehmet

Mehmet,
You jest. I’ve seen a photo of Ceryan…beautiful boat.

My original repair budget supported my decison to rebuild,…the total cost to rebuild would be far less than the cost of a new fully found BCC. Right? Probably could have, and maybe should have, but certainly did not.

Oh Gee , David , do not dispare , there will be moments , of which all your work and money will pay dividends , beyond your imagination , you never know a new boat , like what Ben , learned about Elizabeth , he learned every inch of her , if you plan to go cruising , that same info , is what you need to know about the boat you choose, be it a new one , or a used one.

Just for your edification , I purchased my BCC in Honolulu, for $ 80 K , then put another $ 80. K in her before I felt a comfort level to be ready to cut the dock lines, and depart for the South Pacific . That was totally unexpected expenses, as the previous owner said she was ready to go cruising when I purchased her, what a bunch of bull , now I have learned my lesions , !!!

Going out cruising will take “ALL OF YOUR BUDGET” , and that is why so many do not make it away from the dock .

Get A Grip , and go in the direction that your heart seeks for you !

Dave:

“Wherein lies the answer? In choice. Shall it be bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life.” Sterling Hayden, “Wander”

Rod
BCC IDUNA