Maine Cruising

I am in NE harbour and will be heading west tomorrow, I think the weather is good, been in Somes Hbr and western cove excellent sailing and hiking. This guy tried to hit my boat yesterday, I dashed to the dinghy to get out and fend off. In my rush I fell in. Camera toast along with cell phone. I hope we get some prints and all is not lost.

It must have been quite comical to watch, the boat passed unscathed just me got the worst of it Oh dear. The fella in the other boat was winching himself up my chain until you guessed he got to the top. He must have been at least 80.

I have to be in Benjamin River to pick up some crew 24th, it is difficult also as we don’t have easy access to email to confirm plans, some of the libraries are open two afternoons a week. Usually when we are not there. (of course)

Love to see any other BCCers I’ll try to get on the forum as much as possible. The boat is drop dead gorgeous and the folks who have stopped by with good wishes are to numerous to mention.

Alas my M in Law is quite sick and everything may hinge on that. Hopefully all the stars will align…

Folks my mother in law is not doing great and my wife is leaving to go to the UK, from NE harbor, I shall be single handing over to Camden area, so I am somewhat constricted. I’ll try to keep an eye on the forum.

Stewart,

Are you still in Maine? Is the boat going back to Newfoundland with you?

Can’t find a thread about a Maine rendezvous anymore – so I’ll hijack this associated one…

I plan to cruise to Maine in early September this year – and would happily sail to Belfast to meet up with Itchen and Dawn B if you guys are around… Telaris are you around too? I have to give you back your bulwark strops!

Anyone planning to cruise a little in September? We could meet somewhere else too…

I got a freshly painted bottom and shiney topsides…

Ben sorry to not reply I am on the move, email is hard sometimes anyway the boat comes out Tues and I gotta go back to work to pay for this jaunt, its been good but thats it I am afraid.

We will be around, would be great to get together.

Itchen likewise,
Scott

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

Great - I’ll be in touch about my expected arrival, and see if y’all wanna meet in Belfast or down the bay a bit. Looking forward to finally showing up on my own BCC this time :slight_smile:

I’ll try to be there once I know a date. However, I’m getting busy at work and might need to drive up instead of sail up. In addition, feel free to stop in the Portsmouth NH area when you are heading North. I expect to have the boat back here in the last week or two of August where it will become a day sailer until October haul-out.

Craig

Hey Craig,

ok thats not a bad plan… i havent been into portsmouth in a long time. on the way up might go overnight right to penobscot with a friend. however, on the way home, portsmouth might work out real well, as ill be solo.

Dottie and I and Itchen plan to be in or around Belfast for the next month or so. We most definitely will be here on Sept. 21 to play in a contra band for a day of music and Cornish Gig races, a “National Boatbuilding Competition” and what is billed to be a world-record contradance line along the footbridge at the head of the harbor next to our defunct sardine cannery. See http://belfastharborfest.com/SardineExtravaganza.html and http://belfastharborfest.com/SardineExtravaganzaSchedule.html. Would be a fun-guaranteed centerpiece or bookend for a “Hess Mini-rendezvous”!

After that? Maybe cruise for a few days wherever wind and weather take us.

Scott

I see that my URLs pointing to the Belfast Harbor Fest and Sardine
Extravaganza websites were auto-eliminated from my post, alas. Just google
(sardine fest belfast) and it will pop right up!
Scott

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

Scott, you mean August 21 not September 21 right?
Jonathan

Indeed, thanks!

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:50, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

Aloha Scott and Dot,

I knew you could play, but I only discovered Contra Dancing in Californina some months ago. I think we need to know your scheduled of engagements! It is so fun! And the music is beyond. Can’t wait to see you two.

Kate and Bernie
SV Mahalo

Belfast has the hottest contra dance in Maine, if you are in the NE plan on hitting it. One more reason Belfast is a must visit port besides the three Hess boats calling it home.