Marinas in Annapolis/Baltimore

All,

I’m thinking about keeping Godspeed in Annapolis or Baltimore. Can anyone
recommend a good long-term marina? I’d most likely be liveaboard for at least
the first year.

Hey Rod, I stopped by the Harborview marina in downtown Baltimore last weekend.
They said you had left. The Marina was not that great?

Thanks,
Mark Gearhart
s/v Godspeed

Mark:

We moved the boat to Tidewater marina on the middle branch of the Harbor. I needed a change and winter storage is included in the lease, less the haulout charge. When a good south wind blows, the marina can be a little bumpy.

Inner Harbor East is located within a short walk of the Inner Harbor and Downtown area. The marina has quite a few live-aboards. The fairways between the docks are a little tight.

Further East in the harbor, i.e. away from the Inner Harbor, there are several marinas, Henderson’s, The Anchorage and Baltimore Marine Center. The Anchorage and Baltimore Marine Center do not have parking lots and Henderson’s lacks good management.

Harborview is rather sterile but does have a parking lot and 24 hr. security and it is within a 10 minute walk from my house.

Inner Harbor Marina (by the Science Center) is geared toward larger - 40 ft plus.

Docking a boat in Annapolis is expensive compared to Baltimore.

Regardless of which marina you dock your boat in Baltimore, it takes about the same amount of time to motor/sail to the Bay.

The two marinas I would recommend in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor area are Inner Harbor East and Harborview.

Rod

OK, thanks Rod.

Yes, I’d really like to keep the boat in Annapolis, but I can’t justify the
cost. Work frequently puts me in both Baltimore and DC, so the Gangplank
marina in DC is also a possibility, although its pretty much a dead end as
far as sailing goes.

I’ll have to scope out Inner Harbor East next time I’m up there. I do agree
that Harborview doesn’t have much in the way of nautical character.

Mark

Try Port Annapolis marina. It’s the place where Kate and Bernie are( Rogue Wave Yachts) and very convenient .
Jim Hiller

Try Port Annapolis marina. It’s the place where Kate and Bernie are( Rogue Wave Yachts) and very convenient .
Jim Hiller