"Morning Song" to launch March 12

Thought this might be of interest to the fleet.

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Feb 26, 2016 KEYT News:

A 29-foot Bristol Channel Cutter boat, the dream of architect Ken Minor, has arrived at the Santa Barbara Harbor. He began to work on it 25 years ago inside of a barn next to his home in Sycamore Canyon.

Professionals were needed to from Brandt House and building Movers in Santa Maria to tow the boat out of the barn, with the help of Thomas Towing in Goleta.
Several friends and neighbors were on hand to take pictures and some help to secure the vessel and carry the mast. It was put into a sling and the nearly finished project arrived at the Santa Barbara Harbor in dry dock around noon.
It was carried on a special trailer
Now that it is gone, Minor said, “it’s going to be a different change in my lifestyle that’s for sure. I told someone, ‘my mistress is moving out of the the home and now she is down here.’ It will be awhile, I have a lot of little things to do and we are going to launch on March 12.”
He says there will be checks for leaks of course, and ocean testing.
Minor has been interested in boats, cars, designing, and construction since he was a child. He also attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo where he turned his love of architecture and engineering into a career.
His retirement took place 17 years ago, and from then on, he worked at least five hours a day n the boat.
After the finishing touches, the boat called the “Morning Song” will hit the water March 12.

Photographs at: http://www.keyt.com/news/slideshow-a-santa-barbara-mans-dream-arrives-at-the-harbor/38219002

Beautiful!