New Falmouth Cutter Website

I’m contemplating starting a new Falmouth Cutter Website, is there any interest in this? Are there still any active owners on this site? Just curious.

Hi,

I am a current Falmouth cutter owner and still sometimes active on this website. I also created the last Falmouth cutter newsletter, the FC News and had a website for that newsletter. The website was hosted on an Apple server and went away with Apple’s iCloud initiative; Apple quit hosting websites like mine on their servers with that initiative. Because it had been several years since I had last published an issue of the FC News I just decided to let the website become part of history after Apple took it down.

Although I am not interested in continuing as editor of the FC News newsletter / website (I did that for more than 12 years), I would be happy if someone would continue the tradition of a Falmouth Cutter newsletter / website. That tradition extends back to the very first Falmouth cutters built at Sam L. Morse Co. and was contributed to by both Lyle Hess and Sam Morse.

ron walton
retired editor: FC News

That’d be great. I’d love to be involved. Though my contribution would probably be limited to asking questions and posting pics. Could add a story or two I guess. Especially now that Mariko is sailing again. Had her out for the first time since I bought her, right on my 40th b-day.

I just received my renewal notice for www.falmouthcutter.com I could start a new website or add all the newsletters and boats to my current site.

Id love to see a falmouthcutter.com site that had lots of pics, location, and maybe a bio page for each boat. Would be a great place to store and display the newsletters too.

I’d like it, too.

I think there are a few relatively new FC owners that would benefit from the continuation of a falmouth cutter site. I know I’d like to see it started and would not mind chipping in to help defray the cost of the site; perhaps others would too.

I’ll pitch in.

Hi All,
I would love to see a web site with all the Falmouth Cutter pictures, both inside and sailing. I have amassed a collection of pictures over the years some from Sumio and others from whenever an FC22 was up for sale from the websites. If anyone is interested I have pictures of the following: FC01, FC03, FC04, FC05, FC08, FC09, FC10, FC11, FC12, FC16, FC17, FC18, FC19, FC20, FC22, FC25, FC26, FC27, FC28, FC29, FC30, FC31, FC32, FC33, FC35, FC38, FC39, and FCN01, FCN02, FCN07 bis.

John V.
FC39

I have #9, “Mariko,” and I’m dying to see photos. The previous owner remove the interior furniture and as I slowly put it back together there are a few mystery pieces. Maybe the pics will help. Would you mind sending to steinmetzger@mac.com?

I would love to have those pictures for my FC blog, I think I can transfer the www.falmouthcutter.com domain to anybody who would like it, I could start it but am leaving in April on an open ended cruise so i wouldn’t be able to maintain it. I think the newsletter in invaluable. PS does anyone happen to have any info on the builder of #26? would love to chat with him.

Stein,
Pictures sent. Hope these help.
John V.
FC39

John,
I’d appreciate any pictures you have of FC 11. I understand it is currently for sale and would like to find out as much information about it as possible.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,
Here is the latest PDF of when Honu was up for sale. If you have this already I apologize.

John
FC39

Honu.zip (302 KB)

John,
Thanks for taking the time to send the pictures. She is once again up for sale, Do you know anything of her provenance??
Regards,
Joe

I just purchased FC #21, and would be happy to contribute to a site where we could exchange information.

Joe,
The original owners of FC#11 then called Second look were John and Nancy Riebe who sailed her mostly out of Lake Tahoe. They sold her to Richard and Mary Wood in Nov. 2005 out of Florida. She was then renamed Honu. I believe they are still the current owners. Have you looked into the Falmouth Cutter News archives? John Riebe posted quite a bit with great information on her sailing and handling abilities.

John
FC39

I ended up closing the site but would be happy to add a fc owners page to my site, send pictures hull number any any other info if you are interested.