Photos!

Any pics of Itchen around here?! I like to put a face to a name… and I’m dyin over here trying to keep this conversation straight about who’s waxing who’s hull… and BTW, if anybody wants to come over and wax my hull, i could use a hand fer sure :wink:

Ben:

ITCHEN has an album in the BCC Gallery. As to waxing your hull, suggest you watch the movie Karate Kid.

Fair Winds,

Rod

Hi Rod,

ahh yes… wax on wax off… excellent advice!

Itchen only has 2 pics, and neither show the boat itself :frowning:

-Ben

Per request, photos.

1. Itchen in full racing mode approaching Manjack Cay, double reefed for the nasty reach over from Green Turtle in an intimidating 8 KT breeze. Note the perfectly snugged down reef and ideal mainsail shape.
  2. Last sail of last year, off Searsport. Dottie and I are relaxing after hiking out all afternoon trying to catch Iduna, who pulled a horizon job on us. Note the micro-adjustable clew outhaul termination on the boom and the powerful vang, all to no avail.

Per request, photos.

1. Itchen in full racing mode approaching Manjack Cay, double reefed for the nasty reach over from Green Turtle in an intimidating 6 - 8 KT breeze. Note the perfectly snugged down reef and ideal mainsail shape. Or, why I added a winch and two clutches for the reef lines this year! Also, note the two big anchors out on the bowsprit, essential when racing to balance the two 4Ds and 27 in the lazarette.

2. Last sail of last year, off Searsport. Dottie and I are relaxing after hiking out all afternoon trying to catch Iduna, who nonetheless managed to pull a horizon job on us. Note the micro-adjustable clew outhaul termination on the boom and the powerful vang, all to no avail.

Itchen_Manjack.jpg

Scott_Dot_Itchen_November-sml.jpg

Scott

Itchen is wearing well. Should have kept her. Nice shot, where is that taken…and a reef in the main…got to try that some time.
Best to you
Mark
SV “Lightfoot”

Hey thanks for the pics – it’s all making sense now :slight_smile: