Please check out my website and comment

I wanted to ask the forum if they would please check out my website I made to help promote my book. I highly respect this forum and its particapants. Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please let it all hang out, at my age I have a thick skin.

Roger Olson

www.plotyourcoursetoadventure.com This the is title of my book so if you read it as plot your course to adventure, you will better understand how to type it.

Wonderful, Roger!

Looks good.

Cheers

Bil

yeah Roger looks good from here ! a few thoughts i’ll email you about, and we’ll get you set up with some of the basic search engine optimization stuff. Nice Work !

First off, site looks good! I’ve saved several of the BCC photos for my “dream album” :slight_smile:

You asked for criticism, so here are a few suggestions…

On your main page, the blue text is very close to the blue background color on my screen. You might consider changing the color, or just the shade, of the text to make it stand out a little more. The background color is a very nice blue, though, so keep that!

You have to strike a balance between making people drill down through too many levels to get information and giving them too many choices on the front page. Were it me, I would have had three links from the front page, “The Book” “The Author” and “Photo Galleries”, then have a page for each of those links that links down to the sub-pages you have listed on the index page.

I like the “About the Author” page, but you should have at least one photo of the Peace of Junk in there. :smiley:

In “How to Buy and Cost”, the link to the publisher’s site doesn’t work to click on. I don’t know if you want to do this, but I would also link to the Amazon page for your book, since lots of people already buy from them. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1418405760/sr=8-10/qid=1152213279/ref=sr_1_10/002-1486079-6996018?ie=UTF8

Looks good! I’m adding it to the “need to buy” pile. :slight_smile:

Jason

Hi Jason, Thanks for the comments, that why I put the notice on the forum so people would make comments. I have made most of the changes you suggested. Unfortuantely, I do not have a photo of the junk…wish I did but it got lost over the years while I was cruising. The whole site will change next week, would really appreciate you taking a look and get back to me on xiphias37@yahoo.com or the info@plotyour…

Thanks again Jason.

Would be glad to! :slight_smile:

J

Would be glad to! :slight_smile:

J

Wow! If you guys haven’t, go look at the new look to Roger’s site! Much more professionally done.

Roger, the new site looks great. The only thing I miss is the photo galleries. :slight_smile:

Jason

Don’t worry - the gallery will be back - it’s undergoing surgery!

nice work john…maybe just give the aligned right images a little hspace and style the table borders a little… jsut my 2 cents… otherwise looks nice and solid.

The page ‘The author’ has a typo in the third para. It’s a period surrounded by non-breaking spaces.

Cheers

Bil

Thanks, Bil, but I’m not seeing that in IE, Firefox or Safari.

Could you perhaps copy and paste for me?

Thanks
John

I see it too, in Firefox.

“Master’s Degree in Education and a Vocational Credential. . Then there was”

Between “credential” and “then”

I see it too, in Firefox.

“Master’s Degree in Education and a Vocational Credential. . Then there was”

Between “credential” and “then”

This is Roger’s original text and I left it in - I think he intented a kind of “suspense”,

He is away right now sailing, I will check with him when he gets back.

After all, any man who has been through the rigors of divorce only has a small dot left!