RE: [BCC Forum Post] IDUNA: Re: Fund Raising Campaign for the BCC & FC Forums

Rod,
let me create some traffic just to thank your gentle words.

To me, the forum and his archives has been a huge source of information for the task of restoring Anhinga. I promise that as soon as I complete some of the tasks I?ll upload some photos.

Dear Richard & Virginia:

On behalf of the Bristol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter website, thank you for your generous donation and support.

I am thrilled for you to head south into Mexico then beyond the distant horizon. Sometimes I dream of such voyages. You two are doing it. Perhaps you will cross paths with Greg and Kay on Little Wing.

“What does a person need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat, and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activitiy that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That’s all - in the material sense. And we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention from the sheer idocy of the charade.
The years thunder by. The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie chaked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which sahll it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?”

Sterling Hayden

Fair Winds Mandy, Fair Winds and Thank You,

Rod

Gary:

Thank you so very much for your donation and support of this website. I am thrilled that 20 individuals and one business that has always supported the Lyle Hess designs have taken the time to support this website aby reaching into their pockets to support all of us.

After we purchased IDUNA we met Lin Pardey at the Annapolis Boat Show. She remember our last boat, African Moon and said, “Welcome to the family.” Last weekend in a chance meeting, I met Lois and Bob Plank of the BCC Jolie Brise - wonderful folks. I invited them to tour IDUNA. After touring IDUNA, the rain trapped them on the boat. While we waited for the rain to pass, we discussed life, the BCC and why we sail them as well as our projects. They were “at home” as was I. Bod and Lois told me about a big boat chasing them in 20 kt of wind. After a long chase, the owner of the big boat yelled across asking what type of boat. I suspect most uf us have had similar experieces. The boat is a legend and admired by most sailors.

Again Thank You,

Fair Winds,

Rod

I was thrilled to see the core pledges and donations of $25. I truly believe we can support this site if we have 25 sailor donate $25 each when the next funding campaign comes around in about 2 1/2 years. This time around we have some very generous supporters.

Current the drive is about $200 short of our $2,000 goal. What we need is 8 sailors to step up to the bat and donate or pledge $25 each. Please come forth to support this website.

I will be bound for the Turkey Shoot Regatta this Sunday, hence I will not be about to be the spokesperson for the Campaign. Let’s reach our $2,000 funding goal for the Bristol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter website by Saturday.

I most apologize for not being “on the air” yesterday. Simply, I “ran out of gas” but am energized today to push for support of this website. Please reach in your pocket and make a $25 paypal donation or make a pledge and mail a check to:

Coledata
ATTN: BCC & FC Forums
419D Concorde Street
Havre de Grace, MD 21078
USA

Nathaniel:

Thank you so much for your generous donation. Because of sailors such as yourself who recognize the service this website provides, we have raised, as of yesterday, $1,690. We still have several outstanding pledges. Including pledges not received as of yet, we will have raised between $1,800 - $1,900.

Thank You,

Rod

Mark:

Thanks for sending in your pledge. Your donation of $250 is very generous and much appreciated.

I plan to set sail for the Turkey Shoot tomorrow. Unfortunately, the winds are forecast to be very light for Sunday and Monday. Tuesday I may have a NE wind to chase IDUNA down the bay. I would like to be in the Solomon’s by Tuesday night. This will give me a good staging point for crossing the mouth of the Potomac.

We have never raced, hence have been studing the 10 basic racing rules - http://www.sailingcourse.com/racing_rules.htm.

Looking forward to meeting you again and thank you for your generous donation.

Fair Winds,

Rod

Kate and Bernie:

The BCC and FC forums thank RogueWave Yacht Sales for your generous support of this website and every think you have done to support the Bristol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter. Wow - thank you.

We now have raised $1,790 not including outstanding pledges. Let’s go for $2,000. We need four, yes only fourn more donations or pledges to make our goal of $2,000. I am sailing tomorrow for the Turkey Shoot Regatta. If you enjoy this forum, $25 is only 48 cents per week for one year. Where else can you purchase this type of information for 48 cents per week?? If the forum answers one of your technical questions or helps your with a project, you have more than recouped your $25.

Please make a donation.

Thank You,

Rod

Jimmy:

Thank you so very much for your generous donation. I am thrilled we have sailor such as you who believe in this website.

We are $185 short of our $2,000 goal. Thanks to you, we are closer to reaching our goal than we were this morning.

We still have time to make the goal before I sail south for the Turkey Shoot Regatta.

Again Thank you,

Fair Winds,

Rod

Rob & Lori:

Thank you so very much for your generous donation. As of today, we have raised $1,965. Without sailors such as yourself, this site would vanish in the Internet ether and Mon Desir, hull #18, would be “out there” all alone.

Where else can you go to find information about the length of each piece of standing and running rigging on the BCC? The source for that type of information is at this website. Your contribution to keep this website running tells me you know how important it is to have a central location for information about the BCC.

This weekend we had the rare opportunity to watch another BCC under full sail. Lightfoot was a beautiful site and expertly sailed. We were aboard Calypso. The two BCC’s received many compliments at the Turkey Shoot Regatta.

Again, Thank You for your generous donation.

Fair Winds,

Rod

Russ:

Thank you so very much for your generous donation. Wow, I am thrilled. We are currently at the $1,965 mark. Your support of this website will push us over the $2,000 mark.

Yes, where else can you go to find information about the Falmouth Cutter and have your questioned answered. I read the FC forum for new ideas and information and have help one Falmouth Cutter owner in our area several times. Hopefully he will make a contribution to this great website.

I do not believe there is a BCC’s owner who does not like the Falmouth Cutter. They are a great sailing boat and I believe they sail better than the BCC. In the late 1980’s we were sailing out of Clear Lake Texas in 25 to 30 kt of wind. At the time we owned a Dolphin 22. Off our port quarter was a Falmouth Cutter. She had her staysail sail set, a reef in the main and was riding easy in the chop of Galveston Bay. The skipper was smoking a pipe and enjoying a very comfortable ride. I will never forget that sight and how well the boat sailed. I believe the skipper’s name was Rex Johnson.

Again Thank You for your generous donation.

Fair Winds,

Rod

Craig Lund:

Thank you for your very generous donation. After our remaining pledges are posted we will have made our goal of $2,000. When I started this campaign, I was hoping we could raise enough money to pay our debt and keep the site on the Internet for another year. We have raised more than I ever imagined. The success of this campaign is a testimony to the value of this website to support the BCC and FC, as well as to help retain the market value of these beautiful seaworth boats.

Fair Winds and Thank You,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Mark Fuller, BCC Xiphius:

Mark:

Thank you so very much for your generous donation. Thanks to you we now have exceeded our drive goal of $2,000. I think of you in Malaya and the support the BCC forum can provide via modern technology. This is one of several functions of the website. Without sailor, such as you, this would not be possible.

Again, thank you for your generous donation.

Fair Winds,

Rod

P.S. If you have chance download some photos of your adverture to the gallery section of the website.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THE BRISTOL CHANNEL CUTTER AND FALMOUTH CUTTER WEBSITE.

We, let me repeat, WE have raised $2,065 in this fund raising campaign. I want to thanK all the sailors who supported and recognized the importance of the Bistrol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter website.

Following is a list of our supporters:

Lenora Bruckdorfer
Mark Giegel
Nica & Jeremy Waters
Roger Olsen
Rob Wood
Mark Pliskin
Harry Fuller
Rogue Wave Yacht Sales
Johnathan & Chris Fulford
Tim Pieria
Paul Achenbach
Thomas Winkler
Warren Frazer
Craig Lund
Gary Mynett
Stewart Gillies
Jay OdellBob & Lois Plank
Luis Gomes
Ronald Thompson
Benjamin Eriksen
Richard Cross
Jimmy Peter
Ron Downing
Nathaniel Berkowitz

Without you, the Bristol Channel Cutter and Falmouth Cutter website would have disappeared from the Internet. It would be just another part of the history of these wonderful, beautiful seaworth boats. It may be part of the history but now it is “living history.”

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,

Fair Winds,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

Bil:

Thank you so very much for your generous donation. Wow, I am overwhelmed by the generous support of the BCC owners and users of this website.

Where else can you go to find information about radar, autopilots, windvanes, hull paint, engine problems, etc., etc. The information is priceless and located in one website.

Again Thank You,

Rod