Re: Digest Number 832

Hi, I am just a “wanna be” who lives on a Flicka right
now. This is exactly why this group should just stay
in a public forum like the Yahoo groups. All of this
is rediculous, I would never see this kind of fighting
on the Flicka20 group.

-Rusty Knorr/ Seattle, WA.

====www.rustyknorr.com

I've been reluctant to participate in this fray, but would like to add my comments in light of Kate's and Bernie's earlier responses.  I for one believe that they have contributed greatly to promoting the BCC, whether new or used, and do not believe that they have anything but the best of intentions in mind.

Gary Mynett
Dioscouri, hull #064
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:32 PM
To: bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [bcc] Digest Number 832

Rusty:

I am the former owner of the custom built aft cabin Flicka that is for sale in your area - http://home.att.net/~Africanmoon/ .  Besides running the first Flick website and acting as one of the moderators for the Flicka Forum, I put out several "fires" at the Flicka Discussion forum.  The latest topic at the BCC discussion forum has raised some valid points but became polarized as the discussion topic continued.  This reminds me of some of the "fires" at the Flicka Forum.  As was the case at the Flicka Forum, we all take a step back,  reflect on the discussion topic and move on to another topic.

Sometimes, we must remind ourselves, we are all human and have feeling that are sometimes unintentionally hurt. I am sorry to say that two of the people who have done the most to maintain the valve of the BCC were hurt.  Hopefully, an apology is in order.  I do not believe there is any malice toward anyone at the BCC forum.  We are just sailors who have a passion for the Bristol Channel Cutter and sometimes that passion clouds our thinking.

Kind Regards,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

P.S.  We own the BCC IDUNA but I still have a passion for the Flicka we rebuilt and sailed.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 3:51 PM

Hi, I am just a "wanna be" who lives on a Flicka right
on the Flicka20 group.

=====
www.rustyknorr.com

Rusty:

I am the former owner of the custom built aft cabin Flicka that is for sale in your area - http://home.att.net/~Africanmoon/ .  Besides running the first Flick website and acting as one of the moderators for the Flicka Forum, I put out several "fires" at the Flicka Discussion forum.  The latest topic at the BCC discussion forum has raised some valid points but became polarized as the discussion topic continued.  This reminds me of some of the "fires" at the Flicka Forum.  As was the case at the Flicka Forum, we all take a step back,  reflect on the discussion topic and move on to another topic.

Sometimes, we must remind ourselves, we are all human and have feeling that are sometimes unintentionally hurt. I am sorry to say that two of the people who have done the most to maintain the valve of the BCC were hurt.  Hopefully, an apology is in order.  I do not believe there is any malice toward anyone at the BCC forum.  We are just sailors who have a passion for the Bristol Channel Cutter and sometimes that passion clouds our thinking.

Kind Regards,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

P.S.  We own the BCC IDUNA but I still have a passion for the Flicka we rebuilt and sailed.

on the Flicka20 group.

=====
www.rustyknorr.com

Rod and Gary,

Nicely said!  Let's all go back to talking about stuff that actually matters, like bilge pumps and bow sprits, sails and varnish, bronze and buffing, and I hope sailing and getting together to talk about sailing!

AlohaKate

Kate Christensen
RogueWave Yacht Sales & Services, LLC.
1806 Dreams Landing Way
Annapolis, MD 21401 USA
410 571-2955 Office
410 703-5008 Cell
801 681-9741 Fax

Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: [bcc] Digest Number 832

I've been reluctant to participate in this fray, but would like to add my comments in light of Kate's and Bernie's earlier responses.  I for one believe that they have contributed greatly to promoting the BCC, whether new or used, and do not believe that they have anything but the best of intentions in mind.

Gary Mynett
Dioscouri, hull #064
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:32 PM

Rusty:

Kind Regards,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

on the Flicka20 group.

=====
www.rustyknorr.com

Rod

Saw your message and wondered about this boat. Is it actually for sale. If so, where and do you know the contact person?

Jim Swyler
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:31 PM

Rusty:

Kind Regards,

Rod
BCC IDUNA

on the Flicka20 group.

=====
www.rustyknorr.com