Re: Re: BCC History/a suggestion

Hello Marty,
There seems to be an interest in documenting the early history...When I first posted, my motive was to gather some additional information for use on the back of my model plaques.

Not that I'm trying to pass the buck but .. here is a suggestion that would allow your group to explore this topic in much greater detail than I would require..and make a lasting contribution to your association.

Briefly looking at the menue here under "Files", it looks like it would be possible to set up a file "BCC History". I believe all members would be able to have access and editing rights when logged in. I would be happy to post there what little I have. Members would add whatever info they can or point out possible errors. Suggest the contributor identifies him/her self after posting a section.. ie (Marty Chin).

Some framework would be required  ..perhaps someone could suggest chronological list of topics..

Backup the file every couple of days.. Just in case.

At some point a little editing would be reqired ...

Jerremy and Nica ..are the mechanics of what I'm suggesting possible?

Rob Vann

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 6:40 PM
Subject: [bcc] Re: BCC History

Hi Rob,
If you contact George Hylkema concerning the history of the BCC with regard to boats built in Canada, it would be interesting to have published to this site any information you obtain. All to often details pertinent to classic yacht production tend to fall into obscurity with the passage of time.
Thanks,
Marty Chin

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today