San Francisco

Dear All,

We did it! The event was a Success!

Thank you all for making the effort to show up and show off your beautiful Bristol Channel Cutter and fabulous Nor’Sea. It was very nice of the Nor’Sea Owners to welcome the BCCs to join the annual Festivities. Although we did not quite get all the Lyle Hess vessels into the Oakland Yacht Club, we sure had a great time. The Nor’Sea owners gathered at 1:00 PM on Saturday at the Oakland Yacht club for a boat crawl. Greg and Jill and Guinevere where honored as they are “sailing away”. They announced the 2005 Lyle Hess Fest in Fiji! Be There! The beautiful Nor’Sea Plume completed in 2002 was also?present and very, very nice.?The Oakland Yacht Club offers so many great amenities that we’ve all got to?try to plan ahead so we can all be there in 2005 for the Lyle Hess Fest.?

The BCCs ended up at Marina Bay Yacht Club and Marina where Penguin and Kikoranghi make their home, I believe that’s right. With Odyssey there and dinghy Homer, we had?three beauties to enjoy. BCC Glory lives in SF and owner Michael?came by land. “BCC Devon” ex Beucephalus?stayed?snug in Sausalito and owner Peter came by land to meet all the other?SF BCC owners. (And. Yes I did snag a sail from Peter on a beautiful day with about 20 knots of crisp breeze blowing through the gate. He says its like that every day on the Bay!)

Aloha was there in spirit and I did bring?lots and lots?of pictures. Thanks to Kathy of Penguin and Karen of Odyssey, we all enjoyed a great meal aboard Odyssey. Meanwhile the NorSea owners all dined at the Oakland?Yacht Club.?According to Bob Eeg, 30 NorSea enthusiast showed up for dinner including several?NorSea owners from the Midwest and parts inland …?that’s?how Nor’Seas are. That’s how Lyle wanted it! They do have to worry about Tornados!

I managed to catch up with?everyone again at the Yacht Club for?breakfast which was just a perfect way to end the?gathering. Everyone?took in the Pacific Sail Expo and I really enjoyed that too.?Aloha is a picture child at the Scan Mar booth…you’ll see her?sporting her Monitor windvane.?

Let’s do it again!?

With some planning ahead we can all sail in…maybe not “all”, but most. I’d like to see the custom Hess-designed vessels make it and?get Ron Walton and?his Falmouth Cutter there. I’ll be?there in 2005, if I’m not in Fiji!
??
Aloha Kate