Spotted my first BCC! (Waxwing)

Hiya all!

Just writing in to say that after reading about the BCC for years, I finally have now seen one “in the flesh”. I recently visited my home city of Pensacola, and while driving across the bridge from Gulf Breeze to Pensacola Beach, I spotted what seemed to be a familiar profile sitting in Little Sabine Bay. After driving around the curve towards Fort Pickens, I confirmed that it was indeed a BCC, specifically Waxwing from San Francisco. I took some pics, but some folks are touchy about having photos posted, so I’ll not attach them unless I hear from the owner.

As a side note, I’m quite happy with my wife. She’s a prairie girl, and was walking docks for the first time while we were down there. After looking at quite a few boats, she liked the salty looking boats the most, and the BCC most of all. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the compliments on Waxwing.

We were in Little Sabine a few weeks ago during a six-week break from the dock over in Mobile Bay.

Please feel free to post any pictures you have though I doubt if there is much to see while we sat on anchor.

new WW shot.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on Waxwing.

We were in Little Sabine a few weeks ago during a six-week break from the dock over in Mobile Bay.

Please feel free to post any pictures you have though I doubt if there is much to see while we sat on anchor.
Here is one a friend caught earlier in the week.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/p1martin/
newWWshot.jpg

Well, I can’t say I got very many good shots… it was quite overcast, not a very picturesque day. Here’s a panoramic I stitched together… if you would like the full sized one, just let me know and I’ll send it your way. :slight_smile:

That is a nice shot of Waxwing and I’ve captured it into my photo album. Thank you.

Drop us an email if you are going to be in the Eastern Shore area. We’d be happy to show you the real thing.

Arrgggg! I would truly love to stop by and see Waxwing, but I’m now back in my home “waters”… the Canadian Prairie near Calgary, Alberta. I’ll let you know if I should be back in my home area again, though. :slight_smile: Thanks!!

PS. If you would like a MUCH larger version of that picture for your records, drop me a line … hypothetical (at) gmail (dot) com.