Super Bright LED Lights

For the record, the LED lights featured by Deep Creek Design were invented/developed by Ken James.  Mr. James developed a high speed on/off oscillating circuit which powered the super bright LED lamps by overdriving them for a few microseconds during the "on" cycle. Unfortunately, I do not know if Deep Creek Design is still in business. 
The lights offered by Deep Creek Design, to the best of my knowledge were not UL approved nor were they Coast Guard approved, hence one has to balance the advantage of low power drain and long service life against Insurance company policies, as well as Admiralty law.

Yes, Deep Creek is still in business and their product is sold through West Marine, Davis Instruments and many other boating suppliers.

S.O.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 11:39 AM
Subject: [bcc] Super Bright LED Lights

For the record, the LED lights featured by Deep Creek Design were invented/developed by Ken James.  Mr. James developed a high speed on/off oscillating circuit which powered the super bright LED lamps by overdriving them for a few microseconds during the "on" cycle. Unfortunately, I do not know if Deep Creek Design is still in business. 
The lights offered by Deep Creek Design, to the best of my knowledge were not UL approved nor were they Coast Guard approved, hence one has to balance the advantage of low power drain and long service life against Insurance company policies, as well as Admiralty law.

BRISTOL CHANNEL CUTTER OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Home page:    http://members.aol.com/calypsonia/bcc/bcc.htm
Post message: bcc@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:    bcc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  bcc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner:   bcc-owner@yahoogroups.com
Archives:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bcc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .
Apparently, Deep Creek Design is still in business - my mistake.  At Deep Creek Design's news webpage (http://www.deepcreekdesign.com)  the author mentions "Ken (our live-aboard engineer)."  Ken developed the pulsed circuit and was hand-building the lights aboard his boat when he was anchored in Back Creek, Annapolis, Maryland.  It was good to learn he is still involved with the development of these lights.  If anyone knows if the lights are UL approved and/or Coast Guard approved, please post the information.  Fair Winds.
Ken James and his Belgium Barge dog "Innie."

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 12:39 PM
Subject: [bcc] Super Bright LED Lights