Wanted 1990 or later BCC

I’ve gone back and forth on moving up from my wonderful FC to a BCC I’m looking for one that has remained simple and elegant. I’d like one in good condition, location doesn’t matter but the west coast is preferred. Seeking teak exterior wood. I’ve just listed my boat for sale and am a patient buyer. Replacing my amazing FC will not be an easy task.
Ps if you think I’m an idiot for moving up from my current love please do share the reasoning, I love my FC beyond words…

Sea Wench is up for sale

I picked her up as an abandoned hull 1977 from CA. Never finished, never in the water. Trucked to MA. Spent 2 years at Ganon & Benjamin (Martha’s Vineyard) - wooden boat builders.

Finished in 2014, first time in the water.

774-563-8648

Basically- she’s a new boat from 2014, hand crafted…
Set up pretty much to single hand.

The list is very long. The you have over sized winches, lines, anchor, roller furlers on genoa & jib, chain and electronic winch. Deck wash pressure. Wind vane autopilot.

Deck coamings, and life lines are cast bronze, not the wooden posts of the original design (those always leaked in my other ‘86 BCC). The deck and house are wood (teak decks) by Gannon & Benjamin. Tons of storage in lazarete and deck storage in cockpit.

Interior:
Pilot berth to starboard. Chart table with refrigerator/freezer under. Electronic panel above. Engine box removed by 6 screws with all around access. Also removable access without even taking out screws to check engine.
Then galley to port. Pressurized hot/cold water at sink (also shower and bathroom sink). Lots of storage- even an elevator type storage area behind the Wallas stove that follows the curve of the hull so no space is wasted. The stove is a diesel stove designed to also serve as a cabin heater. Even on low settings you will be in shorts when it’s 20 degrees out. (Personal experience…). Dries out the interior so that it is comfortable even if you are on the water all winter. And you use the same 1 fuel tank for everything (propulsion, cooking and heat - needed in New England).
Forward you have a settee to starboard with shelving above, storage below. To port a retractable table that seats 2 or it extends to the starboard settee to seat 4. Storage underneath seats and retractable settee (single bed to full+). No table in the middle to give you clear access to forward compartment.

Forward compartment is all completely waterproof (hence why you can take a hot shower standing up, there are 2 lockers to hang gear waterproofed to shower space. Sink and more storage in this area. Composting toilet to avoid giving space to a sewage tank and the through hull holes that go with it. Forward of that you have the chain and rode locker.
Water tanks under settees and fuel thank under the cockpit.

Engine beta marine 27hp diesel with a variable pitch prop that takes care of reverse and reduces drag under sail.

Like I said , built to take you safely to Tahiti or Alaska…

As you can tell, proud of the work we had done. But we are moving onto a 53’ Bayliner we are going through right now.
Carlos