Beauty and Solitude of Sail

thought you guys might like this pic… i did!

Imgur

One from North Carolina this spring…

http://www.samlmorse.com/forum/albums/album27/30146_101241319927899_100001260933829_5494_6091100_n.sized.jpg

The beauty and solitude of an anchorage at sunset - great photo.

Rafted up in Coecles Harbor NY with the CG 36

Mark
SV “Grey Seal”
Cornwall, NY

111_1177.JPG

I guess this picture fits the category of ‘beauty and solitude of sail’–it shows Shaula at the start of a 22 day passage from Bora Bora, F. Polynesia, to Hilo, HI in Oct 1999. That’s a lot of solitude for Alice and Dan, and a lot of beauty too. That first day, we averaged over 6k, close-hauled. BCC’s love to go with the wind just forward of the beam! We gave the pic to Sam, and George gave the picture to an insurance company for their ad in Ocean Navigator.
Dan Shaula BCC 59, 1981

“Full and By” , is what Doug Schmuck of BCC Puffin, would call that photo.

Could “Bone In Her Teeth” also be an apt description ?

OK…I’ll add my 2 cents. This is a photo of Angelsea a FC. Shot at Isla Danzante just outside of Puerto Escondido in the Sea of Cortez.

Gary

Thanks Rod,

Just to show the sails do come out of the bag! Photo taken in March this year by my friend Francois Roux just outside the Kilim River on the east coast of Langkawi.

Odyssey on San Francisco Bay

Wow that’s a great pic Wayne!

Two great photos of BCC doing what she was intended to do - sail.

Thanks for the contribution to the Beauty and Solitude of Sail.

Rod

Snapped this one today, as Trinka sailed by on her way to her mooring near me. Gusty day here!

Right Place, Right Time, Great Photo - a stunning show of power.

IDUNA

P.S. I needed this.

Here’s one I must have posted somewhere else, but didn’t see in this thread…

Imgur

Ok Ben, this is the last straw. Everyone knows I hate boats and you keep on publishing these wonderful photos of the beauty and solitude of sail. Every time I see one of these photos, I begin to like boats. We went sailing Sunday and I almost liked it, especially when we caught two boats that were about 1/2 mile ahead of us. I am even beginning to not hate boats so much and it’s your fault :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Rod

P.S. The photo is great and keep on publishing them - thanks. By-the-by, it makes a great desktop photo.

Rod, boats are easier to like when they are sailing in Martha’s Vineyard or Maine :wink: C’MON UP!

Imgur

Ben:

Another great photo showing what the Channel Cutter Elizabeth was built to do.

I do not have time this year. I need to be back in Maryland before labor day weekend for our grandsons to visit us for 1 week - future crew. I estimate 2 weeks to MV and 2 weeks back, weather dependent, that just gives me 2 weeks in MV.

I actually like the boat this year and need to sail it more. The best time to sail on the Chesapeake is spring and fall but lately, with our weather patterns changing, who knows. We are still experiencing N winds. This time of year, the SW flow is normally well established.

Keep the photos coming.

Rod

Close reaching from Kauai to Oahu

Great photo

Ahoy Sailors , the 3 pics here , are what I saw, when I bought her in Honolulu , then departing across the North Pacific from Hanali Bay , HI , then arriving to the Straits of Juan de Fuka Washington , after 22 days at sea , the fog cleared, and I shouted Land Ahoy !