Build Manual?

Hello,

I’m currently looking at an FC22 that requires parts and major components to be replaced. Is there a build manual available? or detailed spec sheet that includes mast/boom size, rigging details etc.

Thanks!

Look up Geoffrey Jenks in Port Townsend, I think he has the original builders Manuel…you can email me, Mike Anderson at Mav5252@aol.com and I’ll send you his phone number.

Also, Forespar, should have the mast and bloom size. The mast on the BCC has a serial number stamped on it.

Forespar no longer make masts but still have all their historical engineering drawings, and were more than willing to share them when I was replacing BCC Calypso’s mast.

If someone has the FC build manual and/or the Forespar FC mast/boom drawings, please PM me and I’ll add them to the SLM site for permanent storage and reference.

These sorts of docs are important to archive - as invaluable references for the fleet and future owners/caretakers!

Can we publish the FC manual in this site?

2 Likes

If someone has a copy, I can archive/publish it here. I’ve never seen such a doc myself.

At this point your FC is the build manual. They are such ridiculously simple boats any projects should be straight forward. Having said that I’d love a builders manual just to put in my library. What a treasure that would be. The BCC build manual is one of the best books I have ever read.

Jeremy, did the BCC mast drawings get archived on the site somewhere? I might have need of them soon.

Hi @Hypothetical - there are forespar drawings attached to posts in this thread (below). I need to collect such things and make an easy to find section/wiki.

Cheers — Jeremy

1 Like