Maine Rendezvous 2009

With all the rain, I’ve done very little sailing.
I am still planning to single-hand up there in time for the event.
I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to stay with the group but I want to at least make it for the first night.

Craig

We’re still planning to sail up towards Long Cove on the 17th. After that our plans are open as to how far and how long a cruise we can manage. Schedule is getting complicated by house guests and local activities but ought to become more definite in a few days. We probably will hold off on Great Wass/Roque as a destination destination until later on in August or September.

I plan on heading to Long Cove on the 17th, I’ll see how long I can stay out, the rain has not helped work.
Jonathan

Well, I’m out… broke my foot yesterday! So can’t really sail, let alone walk. I’m going to have to postpone my trip to Maine for at least a month. I might try to get up there in September. Maybe we can have a 2nd rendezvouz?!

Anyways, such is life… at least I’m not scrambling to get the boat ready to go, and have time to finish things up in a more relaxed / proper way.

Ouch!! I’d consider putting it off until mid or late August or even
September, because there is a lot going on here in Belfast that weekend of
the 17th that we will hate to miss. But if there is a critical mass of
attendees the 17th is still possible for us for a short weekend gam. Who
is definitely committed and unable to reschedule for a get-together
later-on?
Scott
Itchen

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:12 PM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

I was planning to sail up just for the rendezvous. I can easily reschedule. If we elect to reschedule, I can make any start date through Labor Day work. After Labor Day I will need to know the date soon in order to avoid work life entanglements.

Is September 4th too soon for a broken foot?
Anyway, I’ll follow whatever the group decides.

I summarize the thread below:
August Dame – Mentioned on the thread.
Dawn B. – Was planning to attend. No response yet to delay idea.
Elizabeth – Broken foot
Goose – No word since April. Was vague back then.
Itchen – Was planning to attend. Has offered to delay.
Osprey – No word since May. Sounded positive.
Talaris – Will show up whenever the group decides to meet.

I was planning to sail up just for the rendezvous. I can easily reschedule. If we elect to reschedule, I can make any start date through Labor Day work. After Labor Day I will need to know the date soon in order to avoid work life entanglements.

Is September 4th too soon for a broken foot?
Anyway, I’ll follow whatever the group decides.

I summarize the thread below:
August Dame – Mentioned on the thread.
Dawn B. – Was planning to attend. No response yet to delay idea.
Elizabeth – Broken foot
Goose – No word since April. Was vague back then.
Itchen – Was planning to attend. Has offered to delay.
Osprey – No word since May. Sounded positive.
Talaris – Will show up whenever the group decides to meet.

I can postpone it to later as well, depending on the new date. I haven’t looked at what might work later. Lets throw some dates out and see what floats, so to speak.
Jonathan

I propose something around August 29th.

OR the Sept 5th weekend works fine too… Sept is the best month up there.

Either should work for us, perhaps later is better than earlier, though this
far ahead it’s hard to predict. There are usually fewer local events and
potential scheduling conflicts for us after Labor Day.
Scott

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM, BCC Forums bccforums@samlmorse.com wrote:

Well, i’ll just put it out there that i’m probably the most flexible, unless of course I break another bone in the meantime… so whatever works for you guys. I’ll be sailing to Long Island, NY in early August, but anytime after Aug 15th works for me. I’ve got nowhere to be except on the internet.

Livin’ on the hook now… beautiful full moon tonite… rocking to sleep…

Either date works for me.

Craig

September sounds better for me, Chris should be off call then. The 5th would work best for us at this point.
Jonathan

We seem to be closing in on Labor Day weekend. I assume we are still talking about starting at Long Cove.

Does anybody know the boats who have not yet spoken up?

Osprey -- No word since May. Sounded positive. 
 August Dame -- Mentioned on the thread. 
 Goose -- No word since April. Was vague back then. 

I will contact Goose directly. Any volunteers for the other two?

I talked with Bennett last week, he sounded like he was putting off launching Osprey till next spring giving him more time to work on her interior. I’ll ask him if he wants to go the rendezvous with us on our boat.
Jonathan

I just saw Bennett down at the Belfast Boatyard along with his freshly painted Osprey – just launched today. He seemed somewhat relaxed about rendezvous dates, especially sometime in September. I’t’s beginning to look as though Labor Day weekend or maybe the following weekend might work?

I’m anchored in Block Island tonight on the tail end of my shakedwon cruise to Long Island’s east end… wondering when we’re going to have the rendezvous in Maine. I’m thinkin I’ll leave for Maine around August 30th with a few stops along the way. Are we still thinking Sept 5-6th for the rendezvous?

pics from my trip so far…
Imgur

I am still planning to sail up for the 5th. Let me know when you are planning to pass Portsmouth, NH on your way north. Maybe we can sail that leg together. I’m not yet sure when I’m departing, just sometime after 8/31.

Craig

Ok will do. Portsmouth is a cool town. I have plans to hit Boston, Portland and then I had wanted to stop in Georgetown to see the Dodger guy – heard he makes a good dodger. Mobile Canvas is his outfit. Hoped to have him measure on my way up, then pick it up on my way back home.

So surely we can find a leg to sail together there… would be great fun! Let’s make it happen.